eXtream Software Development Forum

Full Version: Imported MIDI drum track shows as non-drum
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I imported some MIDI drum loops I downloaded. However they show up on the software as normal instrument tracks rather than drum tracks. I can set the instrument up as drums and they play fine, but I the piano roll i get the piano keyboard rather than a drum map.

I've tried copy and pasting the midi data into a drum track but the software won't allow it. 

Any suggestions or help wil be appreciated. 

Thanks
The drum pattern has a fixed grid. If you would import MIDI that would not 'fit' that grid, then all kinds of problems would arise. Therefore it is imported as regular instrument track.
(04-22-2020, 08:09 PM)dwrae Wrote: [ -> ]The drum pattern has a fixed grid. If you would import MIDI that would not 'fit' that grid, then all kinds of problems would arise. There it is imported as regular instrument track.

Ok. I suppose that makes sense. It might be a nice feature though to be able to choose between the piano keys on the left or a drum map.