eXtream Software Development Forum

Full Version: Looping With USB Audio Device Attached Bug - android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone!  Rolleyes  I am glad to be a new member of this forum; I registered yesterday; I love the idea of multi-track recording on an android device!

I have unfortunately discovered that when I loop a part and have any USB audio / midi device attached and enabled in AEM, the playback glitches at the end of the first loop; then the 2nd loop is silent. All following loops play back normally.

This happens so far with any attached USB audio device. If I have a USB midi keyboard attached, I cannot play along normally after the 1st loop - it only plays very short truncated notes.

Please see the youtube video I uploaded today: [/url]Audio Evolution Mobile Looping Bug - android. An edit is in progress to rotate the video; please excuse the sideways view if you see it before the rotation is completed.
[url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9hTCqayA0QI]
Can anyone replicate this bug? I truly hope no one else has it! But can anyone otherwise help on this troublesome little problem?

-Randy
Hello Randy, welcome to the forum. I'm a fan of AEM and thankful to the developer for giving Android users an option to make studio grade recording on their mobile phones.
I tried to replicate your issue. Imported an audio loop into an empty project, added a USB MIDI track and recorded a few notes on it. Started loop playback. First pass, both the tracks played fine. From the second pass onwards, the USB MIDI track went silent! Sorry I could not notice if there was any audio glitch. But there is definitely some problem with loop playback, although the problem I faced were perhaps a little bit different from yours.
(01-28-2018, 03:00 PM)Ray007 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Randy, welcome to the forum. I'm a fan of AEM and thankful to the developer for giving Android users an option to make studio grade recording on their mobile phones.
I tried to replicate your issue. Imported an audio loop into an empty project, added a USB MIDI track and recorded a few notes on it. Started loop playback. First pass, both the tracks played fine. From the second pass onwards, the USB MIDI track went silent! Sorry I could not notice if there was any audio glitch. But there is definitely some problem with loop playback, although the problem I faced were perhaps a little bit different from yours.

Thank you Ray007 for trying to reproduce this bug!

Yes, your experience is a little different, with the silence for all loops after the first one; but as you say, there is a definite problem with loop playback.

But now in order hopefully for the developers to tackle this loop trouble, could you try the same project without any USB audio device attached and enabled in AEM? Without anything attached, the loop plays fine in my case and I wonder if it will for yours.

-Randy
(01-28-2018, 06:58 PM)rpms Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-28-2018, 03:00 PM)Ray007 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello Randy, welcome to the forum. I'm a fan of AEM and thankful to the developer for giving Android users an option to make studio grade recording on their mobile phones.

Thank you Ray007 for trying to reproduce this bug!

Yes, your experience is a little different, with the silence for all loops after the first one; but as you say, there is a definite problem with loop playback.

But now in order hopefully for the developers to tackle this loop trouble, could you try the same project without any USB audio device attached and enabled in AEM? Without anything attached, the loop plays fine in my case and I wonder if it will for yours.

-Randy

Hi Randy! In my case it's happening even without my USB MIDI device attached! Today sometimes, the MIDI track, which is going silent during the second pass of the loop, is coming back to life during the third pass and then is dying suddenly during the fourth pass!
A very strange bug!
Thanks for your reply Ray! It seems there is a more broad problem with the looping than what I had thought - more serious then.

I am hoping that the developers will tackle this bug; looping is so important when practicing over a part or just listening to a particular part.

Maybe an update will fix it.
(01-29-2018, 09:10 PM)rpms Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe an update will fix it.
Ironically, AEM's last version's release note states, "Solved issue with MIDI loop playback!"
(01-30-2018, 12:46 PM)Ray007 Wrote: [ -> ]
Ironically, AEM's last version's release note states, "Solved issue with MIDI loop playback!"

-> Ray:  That is ironic! At least we are doing the right thing and making the problems known. I am hoping the developers see this post.
(01-31-2018, 12:01 AM)rpms Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-30-2018, 12:46 PM)Ray007 Wrote: [ -> ]

-> Ray:  That is ironic! At least we are doing the right thing and making the problems known. I am hoping the developers see this post.

Hi.
I did experiment this problem.
I noticed that the midi clips crash with some big audio Bump in a loop situation, especially when the green cursor is place even on the beginning of the clip, inside the clip or even behind it, BUT NOT WHEN IT'S PLACED BEFORE the loop range.
I think that it is a new issue. On my last project I ended in november, I haven't experimented this problem.
ok. thanks deniou; thank you for taking the time to post.

I am indefinitely sidetracked from music so can't do anything more with this for now. When I get back to music I will follow this up!