eXtream Software Development Forum
Support for Nuraphone headphones over USB-C - Printable Version

+- eXtream Software Development Forum (https://www.extreamsd.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Apps (https://www.extreamsd.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: USB Audio Player PRO (https://www.extreamsd.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+---- Forum: Feature requests / suggestions (https://www.extreamsd.com/forum/forum-17.html)
+---- Thread: Support for Nuraphone headphones over USB-C (/thread-742.html)

Support for Nuraphone headphones over USB-C - amallinson - 07-21-2018

Hi

Would it be possible to add support for the Nuraphone headphones over USB. The company sell USB-C and Micro B cables i believe.

I tried the USB C one and only some songs played on the headphones and the others were silent. I tried using the Android built-in driver and they all played fine.

I ran the audio feedback thing from the app and have pasted that below if it helps?

Version: 4.3.6

MODEL: SM-N950F
BRAND: samsung
DEVICE: greatlte
DATE: 20-7-2018, 21:19
USBAudioDevice: fd = 101, opened = 1, Vend/Prod = 0xa12 / 0x1243, USBrev = 200, configs = 1
USBAudioDevice: Manufacturer = nura, Product = nuraphone, SerialNr =
USBConfiguration: # interfaces = 3, config val = 1, config string = , attr = 0x80, maxPower = 500mA
  USBInterface: interface nr = 0
    USBAltSetting1: alt setting = 0, class = AUDIO, subclass = AUDIOCONTROL, protocol = 0, descr =
      USBInputTerminal: m_ID = 1, assoc = 0 m_logicalOutputChannels = 2, m_channelConfig = 3, , , STREAMING
      USBFeatureUnit1: m_ID = 2, SourceID = 1, m_controlSize = 2, channels = 3
                      m_ID = 2, channel control = 1 (Mute  )
                      m_ID = 2, channel control = 2 ( Volume )
                      m_ID = 2, channel control = 2 ( Volume )
      USBOutputTerminal: m_ID = 3, assoc = 0, source = 2, , TERMINAL_TYPE_OUTPUT_SPEAKER
  USBInterface: interface nr = 1
    USBAltSetting1: alt setting = 0, class = AUDIO, subclass = AUDIOSTREAMING, protocol = 0, descr =
    USBAltSetting1: alt setting = 1, class = AUDIO, subclass = AUDIOSTREAMING, protocol = 0, descr =
    USBAltSetting1 (AS): link = 1, delay(f) = 0, PCM, type(1) = 1, ch = 2, subframesize = 2, reso = 16
                     48000, 44100 (fixed)
      USBEndPoint: nr = 3, OUT, , SYNC_TYPE_NONE,
                   maxPacket = 192, addT = 0, pollingInt = 1, refresh = 0, syncEndp = 0, , NO FREQ CONTROL!
  USBInterface: interface nr = 2
    USBAltSetting1: alt setting = 0, class = HID, subclass = Undefined, protocol = 0, descr =
      USBEndPoint: nr = 1, IN, TRANSFER_TYPE_INTERRUPT, SYNC_TYPE_NONE,
                   maxPacket = 16, addT = 0, pollingInt = 1, refresh = 0, syncEndp = 0, , NO FREQ CONTROL!

RE: Support for Nuraphone headphones over USB-C - dwrae - 07-28-2018

Could you please start the app, go to settings, select Logging and set it to "Log to file". Then exit the app and restart your Android device.

Then please do the following:
* start the app with the DAC attached
* play until the problem occurs
* stop
* exit the app again.

Please send the file UAPP.txt that is placed inside the UAPP folder on your device to info@extreamsd.com with a message referring to this thread

RE: Support for Nuraphone headphones over USB-C - amallinson - 08-01-2018

Hi

I tried to e-mail but got:

info@extremesd.com
    host mx7.extremesd.com [173.239.8.164]
    SMTP error from remote mail server after RCPT TO:<info@extremesd.com>:
    554 5.7.1 <info@extremesd.com>: Recipient address rejected:
    Access denied

So i have attached to here.

To Clarify the songs:

Michael Jackson – Earth Song – played fine (5:02)
Rita Ora – Your Song (3:00 – Played about half in the log file – no sound output but app still playing)

Appears to be anything Non-FLAC that wont output sound to the Nuraphones.

RE: Support for Nuraphone headphones over USB-C - dwrae - 08-12-2018

It's the wrong email address, ours is spelled differently. But anyway, if Android plays fine then it means that your DAC only plays correctly at 48000Hz since Android always upsamples to the highest rate. If you enable upsampling in UAPP's USB audio settings, then I bet it works as well. For the 44100Hz, you should contact the manufacturer.