Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
LG8.3 - USB Audio Recorder Pro
(12-13-2015, 03:24 PM)dwrae Wrote: I'm afraid I cannot see an attachment in the thread, neither can we find an email from that address. Can you try again please?
Strange, I try again. This post shall contain the attatchment, an email from Quedulus@arcor.de (that is me) to info@audio-evolution.com will follow.
(12-13-2015, 09:04 PM)Funkpurzel Wrote:
(12-13-2015, 03:24 PM)dwrae Wrote: I'm afraid I cannot see an attachment in the thread, neither can we find an email from that address. Can you try again please?
Strange, I try again. This post shall contain the attatchment, an email from Quedulus@arcor.de (that is me) to info@audio-evolution.com will follow.

Yes, I see , I am unable to attatch the attatchment.
I click "Attachment hinzufügen" (Add attachment)
I click "Durchsuchen" (Search...) and locate the logfile and click open.
Than I click "Vorschau" (Preview) but there I can't see the Attachment. Sorry.
So please check your email, I send the file again.

Sorry.
I did try it again and now I see the attachment USBAudioLog.txt.

Attached Files
.txt   USBAudioLog.txt (Size: 181.7 KB / Downloads: 3)
Thanks for the log. Indeed, the USB stack seems to kick off the UR22 from the USB bus for some reason.

Could you do the following experiment please:
* Install Audio Evolution Mobile DEMO https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...mobiledemo
* Run the app without the UR22 attached
* Go into More -> Preferences (or More -> Options -> Preferences depending on your screen size)
* Scroll all the way down and disable both MIDI input and output
* Exit the preferences screen and the app by the back button
* Connect the UR22
* Start the app (please check that the USB icon for USB audio looks green)
* Do some recording and playback and see if you get the same problem
(12-16-2015, 11:31 AM)dwrae Wrote: Thanks for the log. Indeed, the USB stack seems to kick off the UR22 from the USB bus for some reason.

Could you do the following experiment please:
* Install Audio Evolution Mobile DEMO https://play.google.com/store/apps/detai...mobiledemo
* Run the app without the UR22 attached
* Go into More -> Preferences (or More -> Options -> Preferences depending on your screen size)
* Scroll all the way down and disable both MIDI input and output
* Exit the preferences screen and the app by the back button
* Connect the UR22
* Start the app (please check that the USB icon for USB audio looks green)
* Do some recording and playback and see if you get the same problem
The  bottom of the USB icon on the LG8.3's home screen looks green, its  upper braches look red.
I disabled MIDI by the app as you told me but I encountered the same problems as before.

Perhaps the following can help to locate the trouble (or to not recommend the UR22 MKII to other users):

The UR22 has got a white LED wich lights up when the USB connection is ok and it darkens, if not.
On connecting to USB it flashes some seconds. In this way one can see the state of the connection.

When our error occurs, is neigther darkens nor flashes, so the USB connection seems to bee good. However, generally the error occours on moving slightly
 the OTG. So I wonder if the error is caused by an unsure USB contact or not because this apparent inconsistence of the lamp state and the fact of the connection's tolerance on the USB connection when using my TP6911 audio "stick" TP6911. (See above).

There is a difference between the your UR22 and the UR22 MKII: The UR22 MKII has got a switch to take power from a
different power source by an additional micro USB connection. Using USB Audio Pro I must turn this switch to
"Power source" and connect this  connector to a "slave" type A - connector to my 2 Ampere powered hub.
The UR22 MKII's main USB cable goes to the OTG and the OTG goes to the LG8.3.

On the beginning I had the  switch on "USB 2.0" position, connected its main USB type A cable to a "slave" (type A) connector
of the powered hub. The master connector (USB Mini) of the hub I connected to the OTG and the OTG to the LG8.3.
This constellation did not work at all and the white LED stayed flashing. 

Using the TP6911 I don't need any additional power source.
"However, generally the error occours on moving slightly the OTG". Ok, but then it's a physical disconnect which the app does not play any part in.