Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Chromebook
Hi, any chance you can port this to Chromebook. Like many, I don't own a PC anymore. I use a USB DAC on my Samsung Chromebook. I'd much rather use your app for Tidal. Play Store shows that the app is not compatible . In order to side load apps one must switch to "Developer Mode" which is a temporary solution at best. Thanks in advance.
(07-06-2019, 03:42 PM)bak@cha Wrote: Hi, any chance you can port this to Chromebook. Like many, I don't own a PC anymore. I use a USB DAC on my Samsung Chromebook. I'd much rather use your app for Tidal. Play Store shows that the app is not compatible . In order to side load apps one must switch to "Developer Mode" which is a temporary solution at best. Thanks in advance.

No, ChromeOS does not support the USB host API for Android apps.
(07-11-2019, 06:23 PM)dwrae Wrote:
(07-06-2019, 03:42 PM)bak@cha Wrote: Hi, any chance you can port this to Chromebook. Like many, I don't own a PC anymore. I use a USB DAC on my Samsung Chromebook. I'd much rather use your app for Tidal. Play Store shows that the app is not compatible . In order to side load apps one must switch to "Developer Mode" which is a temporary solution at best. Thanks in advance.

No, ChromeOS does not support the USB host API for Android a

I'm not sure that I understand, like I said, a USB DAC works fine on my Chromebook with other apps. I think that I can side load your app in Developer Mode but that's a temporary solution at best.
One observation is the output of a Dragonfly DAC (according to the indicator light) from my Samsung Chromebook is 44.1 khz no matter the source. But the Chromebook does assign it as a bluetooth DAC.