Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Usability really needs to improve
I bought UAPP yesterday based on the excellent sound - bravo for that.

However, it has so many *missing* features and bugs that I'm really sorry I cannot just forget it and use a more decent player.
I looked at some of this thread, but it's too big; apologies if some of the items below have already been requested or discussed; btw, it would also be nice for the moderator or someone to collect all feature requests in one post.

Hoping some of these will be addressed, I'll list here a few I collected after just one day:

-BUG: dsd [dff] volume cannot be controlled from the regular volume, only from the 'hardware volume'
-no play resume - the track always starts at the beginning.
-current playing track is not highlighted in folder view
-folder view [possibly others?] should allow text wrapping
-folder view does not show the current path. [it could be instead of or in addition to 'directory up'].
-if I navigate somewhere in folder view [and probably other views as well] and I return to the current playback file, when returning to the folder view I'm moved to the current tune's folder.

-when opening another screen e.g 'playlists' when the current one is 'local folder', playback stops, even before doing anything with the playlists [and the same with other screens]. Playback should continue until a new track is actually selected for play.

-bookmarks [ideally automatically set, for tracks longer than x] - keep a db with where I was in a track; give me the option to resume from that place, explicitly or automatically.

-nice to have: scrobbling to last.fm
-I second this nice to have: api to be used by other apps [I know it's harder to do].

I'm using GMMP and it's light years ahead of UAPP in usability; Poweramp, VLC, are also much better. Too bad the sound is just standard android; perhaps you could get inspired and make UAPP a truly good app as well, or otherwise just collaborate with some of these good players to incorporate your sound libraries, it would be great and we would all benefit!

Messages In This Thread
Usability really needs to improve - by alexp2015 - 11-27-2015, 11:05 PM
RE: Usability really needs to improve - by dwrae - 11-30-2015, 11:33 AM
RE: Usability really needs to improve - by dwrae - 12-01-2015, 06:30 PM
RE: Usability really needs to improve - by dwrae - 12-03-2015, 06:55 PM