Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
External MIDI controller and synth
(02-18-2016, 10:56 PM)tomf Wrote: Hi,

[Ray007: there's certainly direct monitoring of the inputs via the headphone out / main outs on the UR242 when using in Audio Evolution (presumably "wired through" in the device as there appears to be no latency), in fact I need to look into this as I'm getting mono monitoring of my synth (didn't notice with a guitar...) even though recording is in stereo, so won't be happy if I can't change this in dspMixFx! I'll report back on this. EDIT: the 'direct' monitoring on the rear channels, 3 & 4 being mono was entirely my own fault rather than a hardware limitation like (apparently) on the UR22; I plugged the UR242 into my PC, ran dspMixFx, and sure enough both channels 3 & 4 were panned dead centre Blush. I panned them left/right and can monitor in stereo now (regardless of whether I'm plugged into the PC, tablet or disconnected etc)]

OK, so I managed to find some time to play with the MIDI THRU settings in Audio Evolution. The TL;DR is that - I think - the MIDI THRU is sending received messages back out the interface that they came from (i.e. it is ignoring the MIDI THRU output setting).

This is a shame for me, as I was hoping to use Audio Evolution to have two devices both with MIDI input & output, using AE as the 'router'.

Also, is it possible to set the MIDI output channel number for a track (I couldn't see any setting), or is it a case of having to record data from a particular channel number in order to have it played back on that same channel number?

Below is a quick dump of what I did, apologies for any incoherence!

Thanks,
Tom

Aha, now I get it, thanks for all the information. So, MIDI thru works, but indeed only for one MIDI input-to-output. There are indeed problems (more than MIDI thru only) with handling multiple MIDI devices simultaneously. I'll see if I can fix this next week.

Messages In This Thread
External MIDI controller and synth - by tomf - 02-16-2016, 06:56 PM
RE: External MIDI controller and synth - by tomf - 02-16-2016, 10:48 PM
RE: External MIDI controller and synth - by dwrae - 02-17-2016, 12:02 PM
RE: External MIDI controller and synth - by tomf - 02-17-2016, 12:56 PM
RE: External MIDI controller and synth - by tomf - 02-18-2016, 10:56 PM
RE: External MIDI controller and synth - by dwrae - 02-20-2016, 12:17 PM
RE: External MIDI controller and synth - by dwrae - 02-22-2016, 04:32 PM
RE: External MIDI controller and synth - by tomf - 02-23-2016, 10:03 AM
RE: External MIDI controller and synth - by tomf - 02-25-2016, 08:13 PM
RE: External MIDI controller and synth - by dwrae - 02-26-2016, 11:54 AM