Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Google Play Music moving to YouTube Music - plans to support?
Hi,

Google Play Music is transitioning to YouTube Music sometime in 2020.  Google are now actively promoting the transition with a banner that appears at login, requesting users activate the transition process.  For the time being, both services will run in parallel, but I suppose Google Play Music will be mothballed at some point relatively soon.

I use UAPP to play my Google Play Music collection and don't want to lose this brilliant service.  Are there any plans to provide UAPP support for YouTube Music?  This is not listed as a library source in menu of current app.

tks, Andrew.
Google Music was possible to support because someone reverse engineered their API since Google does not have an official API for it. How this all goes with YouTube Music remains to be seen.
(06-27-2020, 11:10 PM)dwrae Wrote: Google Music was possible to support because someone reverse engineered their API since Google does not have an official API for it. How this all goes with YouTube Music remains to be seen.

Thanks dwrae, I thought the API might be official, but not surprised that it's not.  Really hoping that similar can be done with YouTube Music then.  If anyone knows of a crowdfunding link, I'd be happy to support ...... in the meantime, fingers crossed.

If nothing happens, I could probably create a small separate library of favourite mp3's on the SD card of my android, and just play these with UAPP.