Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
No USB audio device was found
When using an OTG cable on my Samsung Galaxy S4, this app is not able to find the USB device. I am connecting the device first but it is unable to detect it. The message "No USB audio device was found" is displayed. The DAC is Schiit Modi 2 Uber. USB sticks work with the OTG cable.
I am seeing the same message using my Moto X Pure XT1575 running Android 5.1.1. It supports OTG and plays audio from USB in Host mode no problem. But I must select the Play through Android mode to hear audio via UAPP. I execued the USB Host Check app and it was not able to detect my phone as being a host device. But it IS a host device and supplies power to the DAC accessory no problem.

What does UAPP look at to determine if the android driver or the UAPP driver can be used?
(10-15-2015, 05:15 AM)DaveC Wrote: When using an OTG cable on my Samsung Galaxy S4, this app is not able to find the USB device. I am connecting the device first but it is unable to detect it. The message "No USB audio device was found" is displayed. The DAC is Schiit Modi 2 Uber. USB sticks work with the OTG cable.

Please try restarting your S4 with the DAC connected (and make sure your S4 is fully charged).
(10-16-2015, 04:08 AM)DRP Wrote: I am seeing the same message using my Moto X Pure XT1575 running Android 5.1.1.  It supports OTG and plays audio from USB in Host mode no problem.  But I must select the Play through Android mode to hear audio via UAPP.  I execued the USB Host Check app and it was not able to detect my phone as being a host device.  But it IS a host device and supplies power to the DAC accessory no problem.

What does UAPP look at to determine if the android driver or the UAPP driver can be used?

It uses the Android USB host API to determine whether there is a USB device connected. However, the Android driver may be in conflict, possibly not giving up the driver. Please try restarting your Moto X with the DAC connected and see if that helps.
(10-17-2015, 12:15 PM)dwrae Wrote:
(10-15-2015, 05:15 AM)DaveC Wrote: When using an OTG cable on my Samsung Galaxy S4, this app is not able to find the USB device. I am connecting the device first but it is unable to detect it. The message "No USB audio device was found" is displayed. The DAC is Schiit Modi 2 Uber. USB sticks work with the OTG cable.

Please try restarting your S4 with the DAC connected (and make sure your S4 is fully charged).

Restarting the phone with everything connected does not fix it. The DAC works with my mac air via USB. So, the DAC works and the OTG cable works. Is there any settings on the phone I should check?
(01-18-2016, 03:51 AM)DaveC Wrote:
(10-17-2015, 12:15 PM)dwrae Wrote:

Restarting the phone with everything connected does not fix it. The DAC works with my mac air via USB. So, the DAC works and the OTG cable works. Is there any settings on the phone I should check?
I have the same issue...with a twist.  The current version of the app runs fine on my Note 4 under Android 6.x w/Audioquest Dragonfly.  However, I get the same error message on my Pixel C running Android "N."  Restart had no effect.
Android N has a permission issue. We are working with Google to find a solution.
(05-06-2016, 11:30 AM)dwrae Wrote: Android N has a permission issue. We are working with Google to find a solution.

And?
We are under NDA, sorry.
Since the update of today 22/08/16 my UAPP does not recognize the B&O Hifiplus on my LG G5 anymore. This is not using Android N yet. So what happened? And when will this be fixed?
(I already restrted phone and app but no effect. )