Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Huawei P20 Pro "Error starting playback!"
(04-24-2020, 12:03 AM)elfrench Wrote: DAC usb c ibasso dc02 and dc01 dongle work with hi direct driver in my huawei p20 pro.

No, they are working with our custom USB audio driver. The Hires direct driver is for the internal audio, not USB DACs.
(04-26-2020, 10:35 AM)dwrae Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 12:03 AM)elfrench Wrote: DAC usb c ibasso dc02 and dc01 dongle work with hi direct driver in my huawei p20 pro.

No, they are working with our custom USB audio driver. The Hires direct driver is for the internal audio, not USB DACs.
ok, now it's clear they are working with our custom custom USB audio driver.
this terminal is problematic with many usb dac.
ibasso dc series work.

Thanks.
(10-20-2019, 05:57 PM)Samael Wrote: I have the same issue with my P20 and a FiiO Q1, they see each other but i get the Playback error msg...
Is this a Huawei issue?
Can it be fixed? Tried almost every setting and the 'Prevent USB audio routing' suggested above.

I hape the P20 pro and FiiO Q1 II - it works perfectly with UAPP.

How have you got it configured?

What EMUI version are you on, im on the latest EMUI 10.0.0 (version 10.0.0.161)

however with my "non-otg" DAC (the small dongle/adapter type DAC with a Realtek ALC4050) that does not work. It finds it but then gives the same "Error Starting Playback!"

I think the issue is with non-OTH devices because the app is looking for a host mode device.

For the non OTG adapter i find "PowerAmp" app works with it. but it doesnt have an "exclusive/bit perfect" mode, but is stil la good music player.
If you disable 'Use USB DAC' in the app's USB audio tweaks, then it will play with that DAC as well. OTG has nothing to do with it. USB-C doesn't technically even have OTG anymore. It's just data and power.
disable 'Use USB DAC' will still use the USB DAC to decode or use the phone dac?
DACs are never used for decoding. Disabling 'Use USB DAC' will use the Android driver and yes, we need to rename that option!
yes i meant "Disable 'Use USB DAC' will still use the USB DAC for DAC or use the phones internal DAC?

By decode i meant 'DACing'.

so disable USB DAC means still use it but with the android default driver. ok thanks