Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Metronome questions
I have some questions concerning the metronome:
1. Can you render the metronome sound to the audio track while downmixing?
2. Can you turn off the accentuation of the first beat of a cycle?
No, but we will implement nr 2.
Next version has a checkbox 'Accentuate first tick' in the Tempo dialog.
Thanks, great.

Nevertheless: is it just my way of using AEM, or is nr. 1 so out of this world to implement? For just keeping some basic songwriting ideas and send them to other bandmembers having the click track in the mixdown is a must.
I can loop through for the audio output of the Interface to a separate input to record the internal metronome, but of course I'll get a feedback when dialing in decent audio levels...

My workaround is to record my 5 EUR thomann cheapo metronome while playing guitar to a seperate audio track. Which works ok, but more devices, more cabling... stuff...
Heh, probably not that hard to implement, but didn't think of any reason why people would want to mix-down a metronome. Anyway, 4.0.5/4.0.6 has the accentuation tick implemented, we'll add your first wish as well in a next version.
(10-16-2015, 05:43 PM)dwrae Wrote: Heh, probably not that hard to implement, but didn't think of any reason why people would want to mix-down a metronome. Anyway, 4.0.5/4.0.6 has the accentuation tick implemented, we'll add your first wish as well in a next version.

Just updated to newest version -  thanks for implementing metronome mixdown!
Have yet to check new functions...

Btw. Acer A210 and Focusrite 2i4 don't seem to need an extra powered hub. Have to check during longer sessions though...
It would be good to be warned during the mix-down workflow that metronome will be included. Maybe an indication or even a tick-box option to enable / disable metronome in the mix-down configuration dialogue.
Cheers

Walt