Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Sample rate/sync problem
Hello,

I have a problem that is intermittent in nature.  My current hardware is a Minidsp USB streamer in adat mode with a powered USB hub into a Nexus 6.  I am feeding the USB streamer with Mytek converters via an RME ADI-4dd digital format converter which shows positive sync on all led indicator lights.

The software recognizes the USB device and allows me to set a track at 24 bit/48 khz.  However, sometimes after this setup the track will have recorded at 44.1 khz and the pitch of the audio will be shifted down.  Other times it will be garbled audio.  I experience occasional clicks in the audio even when the sample rate holds.  This same issue holds when I use USB audio recorder pro alone. I suspect a hardware problem but was hoping for some suggestions for possible settings tweaks or debug procedures.

Thank you.
Please install this version:
http://www.audio-evolution.com/priv_down...1.4.0d.apk

and let me know if that helps for UARP.
Thank you, just out of curiosity, what is different about this version?  It will be a few days before I am able to experiment and report back.

Also, maybe a stupid question but what does UARP stand for?
(08-20-2016, 06:26 PM)dwrae Wrote: Please install this version:

I have a Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 interface into a Motorola Droid Maxx running Android 4.4.4, and I also have this problem with Audio Evolution Mobile. I have no dialogue asking me to specify bit depth or sample rate when opening the app. Recorded audio sounds like it's slowed down and slightly bit reduced, sometimes with pops.
(08-20-2016, 06:26 PM)dwrae Wrote: Please install this version:

I am guessing that UARP stands for USB Audio Recorder Pro?  It would be helpful to have a little background information about the link to the executable file you provided before I install and use it to trouble-shoot.  Why would it work better than the most -up-to-date versions of the software?  I have decided to delay further trouble-shooting until I receive the RME Babyface Pro I am going to use for my mobile soundcard.  The USB Streamer is great but does not have the diagnostic capabilities of the RME with its Sync Check and Steady Clock.  I believe if the RME shows sync and the problem re-occurs we can start to assume the issue is with software or Android device/operating system.
Yes, it stands for USB Audio Recorder PRO. That version sets the clock source to the TOSLINK Clock.
(08-30-2016, 04:49 PM)bhutch Wrote: RME Babyface Pro I am going to use for my mobile soundcard.
Please do come back to share your experience with RME Babyface Pro and Audio Evolution Mobile when you get the chance to use them together.
Thanks in advance.
(08-31-2016, 10:30 AM)dwrae Wrote: Yes, it stands for USB Audio Recorder PRO. That version sets the clock source to the TOSLINK Clock.

Thanks for that.  I'll give it a go and report back.