Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Media Box => UAPP => High End stereo amp
Hi, i'm an "old school" hifi fan (stereo playback only, no display available for devices, preferring physical media). As i could neither find a universal disc player meeting my requirements (no need for a display / support of special formats/containers / gapless playback / DSD over PCM / good firmware support), nor a hifi hdd player with similar features (same problems), i'm finally transferring my complete disc collection to computer files (mostly lossless encoding) and in good hope that current Android media TV boxes (e.g. Himedia Q10 pro, Egreat A10, Zidoo X10) will do the job perfectly ==> read and decode/play from local hdd, sending full 16/24 bit PCM audio (up to 192kHz) OR DSD64 (SACD iso) as DSD over PCM via digital link to a stereo integrated amp.

This amp has several SPDIF opt/coax inputs, AES/EBU input, ethernet and a USB slave input (USB 2.0, type B socket). For USB there is a PC Windows driver in order to use the amp as a high end soundcard (i.e. USB audio class supported i guess). It will reclock digital input data (up to 24/192 PCM or DSD64 over PCM) for DA conversion.

Sorry for the lenghty introduction ... and finally my questions:

a) Will UAPP manage to establish a bit perfect connection for audio data from hdd to amp? (I know, you cannot correct bad hardware implementation of a media box)

b) Some box manufacturers state they have USB host interfaces (type A socket) => then a USB printer cable (type A => type B) will be sufficient (i.e. no need for OTG cable)?

c) Do you or the Android audio system support other kind of links than USB (e.g. SPDIF coax) for full range audio transmission (it's hard to get a manual for these boxes)?

d) Can i control the box completely (UAPP runs on box, no display) via remote app for tablet/smartphone (e.g. Himedia Hicontrol)?

e) HDCD - i know, the format is quite dead and even Microsoft's own WMP software player does hardly support the complete standard - any chance for full standard playback (e.g. at extra cost as there has to be a license - ignoring hdcd.exe, foobar2k hdcd plugin etc.) via UAPP?

Best regards, Ecki
a) If the app works with your DAC and enable the bit-perfect option, yes
b) Correct
c) You would need to ask the manufacturer, but Android will never play bit-perfect
d) Yes, through a UPnP control app
e) No

Please try our free trial version first:
http://www.audio-evolution.com/downloads..._3.5.8.apk
I purchased both Himedia Q10 pro (upgraded to Android 7, FW 2.0.4; ca. 1 TB of music on local hdd) and UAPP (3.6.5). The System connects successfully to a Devialet Expert 200 amp via USB.

Stupid question: How can i access UAPPs Settings? E.g. there are no gui elements in the upper right corner of the playback pane (drop down list upper left with database, directories etc. is present).
There seems to be no way to select all those fine entries like DoP, bit perfectness etc. ?!?

[EDIT Sep. 12]

Also at futeko...
(see post no. 2)

The gui elements for speaker volume and settings you can find on screenshots taken from mobile devices are not present on Himedia screen (neither via HDMI/TV nor via Himedia remote app -  both need landscape orientation). In addition, the Himedia remote/control app places a set of 3 buttons firmly on the right border of the screen, thus covering the UAPP button for returning from playback screen.
(09-11-2017, 12:32 AM)Ecki Wrote: I purchased both Himedia Q10 pro (upgraded to Android 7, FW 2.0.4; ca. 1 TB of music on local hdd) and UAPP (3.6.5). The System connects successfully to a Devialet Expert 200 amp via USB.

Stupid question: How can i access UAPPs Settings? E.g. there are no gui elements in the upper right corner of the playback pane (drop down list upper left with database, directories etc. is present).
There seems to be no way to select all those fine entries like DoP, bit perfectness etc. ?!?
I also faced the same problem. I owned a Himedia Q5 Pro. When I was using it with Android 5.1.1, i can access the settings menu and change the settings as i wish.
The problem like yours appeared when I upgraded to Android 7. I think this software cannot support Android 7 yet.
i also face the same problem. I owned a Himedia Q5 Pro. Before I upgrade the Android 5 firmware to Android 7, i can access the settings menu and adjust the settings as i wish. However, since i updated the firmware to Android 7, i can't do the same thing again.
I think this software cannot support Android 7 yet.
We will order such a box and see what causes it. The app runs fine on Android 7 on phones and tablets.
I can reproduce it here with a Q30. After some searching it turns out that other people have experienced this with other apps and actually reported it to Google. There is no easy fix for this. I'll see if I can pop up the menu when pressing the Menu key on the remote.
Actually, I might have found a real solution. Hopefully I'll have a new beta soon.
Please try this apk:

http://www.audio-evolution.com/downloads...6.5_tv.apk

and let me know if it works.
Wow, both volume and settings elements are present now! Many thanks! Now even DSD over PCM is working (SACD iso image).
Also in the remote app (currently 5" 720p smartphone screen) the orange button is placed somewhat below the Himedia button set and can be used.

Absolutely great support!

Now let's see all things sound quality and playback stability. Finally found an audio dream team !?!