Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Android TV Compatibility
Hello,

I use a Android TV Box ( Xiaomi mi box ) and i dream that i could use correctly my DAC on it (for now it works but with android audio drivers so not so well...)

I installed the trial version of usb audio player pro and it works PERFECTLY

The only problem is i can not buy the full version because not available on the Android Market for Android TV :( 

And i did not find any solution for make it works for now.

And there is no alternative to of your application for play music correctly on a DAC.

I'll be thankful if you could make your application compatible Android TV (esp that it works already!) and I think that it will be a great opportunity for all Hifi lovers to can use cheap android tv box like xiaomi mi box for play music.

Regards.
If you have an Android phone or tablet and purchase it on there, we can send you the full apk. As long as you have the Play Store on the TV box and use the same account then that should work.
(07-28-2018, 11:31 AM)dwrae Wrote: If you have an Android phone or tablet and purchase it on there, we can send you the full apk. As long as you have the Play Store on the TV box and use the same account then that should work.

My experience is slightly different: I first installed it on one device using the Google Play Sore and paid the license accordingly. Later I used the APK to install it on a second device running with the same Google account. It started the application just right on that second device but when trying to actually play a track it came up with a message that it was not activated  with refusing to play as the result. So I removed the APP again and re-installed it next using Google Play Store once more. This time it ran just fine.

My conclusion: yes one can use the license on multiple boxes (media players in my case) but these must be installed using the procedure on the Google Play Store. This can be a problem for Android TV and Media Players as not all implementations do support access to the store even with a running Google Account (which always works).
(07-28-2018, 11:31 AM)dwrae Wrote: If you have an Android phone or tablet and purchase it on there, we can send you the full apk. As long as you have the Play Store on the TV box and use the same account then that should work.

So I dug up my old android phone and bought UAPP, transfered the apk to my nvidia shield tv and set the app up to act as a upnp-renderer to be controlled from my tablet. So far that is working good, I was even able to buy the mqa-licence directly from my shield tv. As expected, when I power on my usb dac the app starts automatically (which is good, since UAPP doesn't appear on the android tv home screen as it is not an android tv app). What is a little annoying, though, I get 2 alerts every time the app starts: the changelog and a warning telling me about the bandwidth use of tidal on a mobile network. The second message appears, because my shield tv is not on wifi but hooked up via ethernet cable and UAPP thinks, if its not on wifi, it must be mobile. Is it possible to disable these messages?