Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Empty wav files
I've not had any problems with the software so far, but this weekend, I recorded my band live.

Soundcheck recorded fine, but the live sets seem to record OK (VU meters on the screen etc) and files looked good.

But when I copied the files to my PC for editing. they were empty, although the correct size.

I was recording mutlitrack off a Behringer XR18.
Try rebooting the Android device and transfer the files again.  In my experience, the mtp:// file transfer protocol behaves poorly.

Tom
(11-12-2018, 07:31 PM)GTBecker Wrote: Try rebooting the Android device and transfer the files again.  In my experience, the mtp:// file transfer protocol behaves poorly.

Tom

Hi Tom, more detail on this.  It appears that the recording has been done in a bit rate of 2304, and the file (in Wave pad) look empty.  When I load the stereo track into Reaper it displays the waveform, but plays back at the wrong bit rate.

I've had 2 gigs records at this new (an dunusual) bit rate, where my older recordings (on the same device) record and play back perfectly at 1152 bit rate.

I can't seem to get the raw files to play back correctly in reaper, they sound all over the place. 

I know it's the raw file as I play them back in VLC and get the same chipmunk effect.
> ... bit rate of 2304...
> ... 1152...

You mean 230400 and 115200?

> ... I copied the files ... they were empty, although the correct size.

How can the file be empty and also the correct size? How do you determine the file is empty?

If you hear chipmunks (high-pitched and fast, I assume) the file is not empty, it's just playing at the wrong rate. It sounds like the wav header has a rate error; look at VLC's data [Tools/Codec information/Codec] to see what it reports.
Tom
Cape Coral
(12-24-2018, 08:48 PM)Nope, definitely 2304 and 1152, but that\s the kb/s figure, sa reported by file explorer (and within VLC). VLC reports a 48000 Hz sample rate with 32 bits per sample.The wav file header says it has a length of zero, but load it into Reaper is is displa ys the correct length and shows a waveform.Any idea how to fix this? Wrote: > ... bit rate of 2304...
> ... 1152...

You mean 230400 and 115200?

> ... I copied the files ... they were empty, although the correct size.

How can the file be empty and also the correct size?  How do you determine the file is empty?

If you hear chipmunks (high-pitched and fast, I assume) the file is not empty, it's just playing at the wrong rate.  It sounds like the wav header has a rate error; look at VLC's data [Tools/Codec information/Codec] to see what it reports.