Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MQA File Not Playing at Max Resolution and Some Not Recognised as MQA
Hi,

Excellent Program.

I have LG v30+ with built in MQA Decoding

I have ripped all of my MQA-CD's with Exact Audio Copy and the used MQA Tag Restorer. 
I can confirm the files have appropriate metadata for MQA and play as MQA files on OPPO UDP-205

1) Just wondering why they don't play at full unfolded sample rate. Direct: 176.4khz is less than File: 352.8khz

2) Some of the songs are not recognised as MQA and only play Direct: 44.1khz and show File: 44.1khz

Thank you
The displayed sample rate is a guessed/estimated one since we cannot query what the actual rate is.
(01-24-2019, 05:37 AM)aaronson Wrote: Hi,

Excellent Program.

I have ripped all of my MQA-CD's with Exact Audio Copy and the used MQA Tag Restorer. 
I can confirm the files have appropriate metadata for MQA and play as MQA files on OPPO UDP-205

1) Just wondering why they don't play at full unfolded sample rate. Direct: 176.4khz is less than File: 352.8khz

2) Some of the songs are not recognised as MQA and only play Direct: 44.1khz and show File: 44.1khz

Thank you

MQA core will always unfold to 88.2/96k via software decoding. The final unfold is done internally by LG v30+ DAC as renderer. It will shows authenticated sample rate or also known as ‘OriginalSampleRate’ meta tag in the MQA file. For instance a MQA file tags:

Encoder MQAEncode
OriginalSampleRate 352800

USB Audio Pro Player will show:

DAC: 88.2kHz MQA logo File: 352.8kHz 24 bit 1480kbps

352.8kHz is authenticated sample or also known as ‘OriginalSampleRate’. If a renderer is present, it will do a final unfold from 88.2kHz to 352.8kHz internally.
(01-24-2019, 05:37 AM)aaronson Wrote: Hi,

Excellent Program.

Thank you

I’m having the same issue - my MQA CDs have been run through the MQA renaming app, but not all tracks are being recognized as MQA, and the non-recognized tracks output at 16/44.1. I know they’ve been encoded properly, because they are recognized perfectly when playing then through Audirvana. Any ideas what could be the problem?
I'd suggest to enable Deep scan in the MQA settings and rebuild your library.
So...not sure if this will help anyone, but here’s what I did to finally get the app to recognize all the tracks from an MQA CD as MQA: I was ripping the CDs on a MacBook with XLD, 100% accurate rip. But there were 2 or 3 tracks UAPP was not recognizing as MQA, even with a deep scan. So I ripped the CDs again on a Windows PC with Foobar, and then used the Windows version of the MQA renaming app. And just for the hell of it, I turned OFF the “deep scan”, and voila - all tracks are now recognized by UAPP as MQA. I tried this with all three of the Japanese-issued Rolling Stones MQA x UHQCD releases, and it worked on all three. Not sure if anyone else can repeat this and get the same results, but figured I would share what worked for me.

Also, when playing one of the aforementioned ripped CDs or one of my downloaded MQA files purchased from the Onkyo store, the tracks are recognized by UAPP as MQA tracks and show the proper resolution, but you do not get the “blue (dot) light” that shows up when you stream a Masters track from Tidal.
And I should add that I know it’s handling and transmitting the MQA file properly, not just by listening, but when I hook up to the ifi Nano Black Label, I get the correct color showing (I want to say magenta? Not sure if that’s what they call the color).