Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
NTFS file corruption when doing deletes for SACD ISO's.
There seems to be a problem with handling NTFS files as my FAT gets corrupted each time when deleting a music folder.
The problem is apparently with the so-called windows huge files. These are typically ISO images of SACD's. The other files seem to be deleted correctly but not these ISO's of several Gbytes. Running windows check and repair will move these ISO's to the Found.000 folder.
After renaming these again to ISO extensions I can actually play them again.
We are sorry to hear that, but the app sends nothing else than a standard delete command over Samba. It is the Samba implementation on the host side that does the actual deletion.
(04-01-2019, 07:11 PM)dwrae Wrote: We are sorry to hear that, but the app sends nothing else than a standard delete command over Samba. It is the Samba implementation on the host side that does the actual deletion.

Using the filebrowser of Android itself does not have the same problem. Tried that also. I am talking local attached storage not network drives. I don't see what samba has to do with that?

It is very nasty as it actually corrupts the FAT. Now that I know the cause will not use the feature anymore, but that is not a solution just a way to avoid problems. It is very easy to reproduce.
Sorry, NTFS got me in the wrong direction. Then it's even simpler. The app just calls delete on the File using nothing other than the Java/Android API.