Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Using OTG USB for audio out?
I have an IK Multimedia Irig Pro Duo, that I connect via the OTG USB connector. The Pro Duo is powered up so I knwo the cable is working, however when I play an audio file in MSP, the audio still comes out the android device headphone jack and NOT the Duo.

I have asked at the IK forum and got this reply: 
The app would need to support using a digital connection audio interface (via USB OTG) in order to output via iRig Pro Duo. Typical listening apps are not likely built with such support, but audio recording/performance apps would be more likely to support audio interfaces for input and output.

Is there any way to force MSP to use the OTG USB as the audio out?

Thanks
https://itrate.co/
What's MSP?
(04-08-2019, 11:13 AM)dwrae Wrote: What's MSP?

I'm guessing he means MTP - Media Transfer Protocol.

I'm having a similar issue where my LG V30 reverts to USB Configuration: Charging whenever I insert the OTG cable.  I'm trying to get my V30 to talk with an Ifi Micro idsd Black Label but the V30 can't maintain the MTP USB Config setting - it reverts to Charging after 3 seconds when I insert the OTG cable.
That option is only relevant for when playing using the Android USB audio driver, not using our custom USB audio driver. Do you use one of our apps?
(04-13-2019, 09:56 PM)dwrae Wrote: That option is only relevant for when playing using the Android USB audio driver, not using our custom USB audio driver. Do you use one of our apps?

Thanks for your reply.  Yes, I have your USB Audio Player PRO App.

But my phone reverts to 'Charging' as soon as I attach the OTG cable.
So when I play via your PRO App, the music comes out of the phone not via the OTC cable to my iFi micro Black Label.

How do I play using your custom driver without the phone reverting to 
'Charging' mode. I have reviewed the PRO App settings but can't find anything that helps with this.
See word doc attached where I'm trying to use your PRO App driver but have been unsuccessful.

Cheers
Kerry
With an iFi you could both try turning the iFi on before connecting and after connectig to the Android device. In the first case, it will use its own battery, in the 2nd case it will charge from the Android device.
Thanks but I just figured out that I need to connect the OTG cable to the phone first, then to the ifi micro. When do that the message on the phone says the usb device is initialised. That seems to work. Will test again tomorrow and see if same process works again.
I think the micro BL is draining the battery of the phone. On then phone the USB Connection Options screen now shows "Charge the connected device". When I use the other options in the USB Connection option selections (ie Just charge this phone, File Transfer, Photo Transfer or MIDI device), the connection doesn't work anymore. It only seems to work with the "Charge the connected device" USB option. What do you recommend so that the phone is not charging the iFi BL?
(04-16-2019, 11:52 PM)kezza1 Wrote: I think the micro BL is draining the battery of the phone. On then phone the USB Connection Options screen now shows "Charge the connected device". When I use the other options in the USB Connection option selections (ie Just charge this phone, File Transfer, Photo Transfer or MIDI device), the connection doesn't work anymore. It only seems to work with the "Charge the connected device" USB option. What do you recommend so that the phone is not charging the iFi BL?

When you turn on the iFi first before connecting it, it will use its own battery.