Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Error starting playback with Hidizs USB DAC and Huawei P30 Pro
Hi, 

I've just bought a Hidizs USB DAC to use with my Huawei P30 Pro so I can get the best out of my trusty Shure 425's. Hidizs recommended UAPP as the Android player to use. I've downloaded and installed the trial app and it initializes my USB DAC but sadly have hit an immediate problem. I get "Error starting playback" whatever flac track I try.

I've searched for the issue on the forum and tried changing the buffer size but with no effect. 

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to solve as so far as I can tell it should all work and without it I'm getting no benefit from the Hidizs. 

Thanks in advance. 
It cannot be solved unfortunately. Recent Huawei's have this issues with the majority of DACs. Only Huawei can solve it.
(08-21-2019, 11:51 AM)dwrae Wrote: It cannot be solved unfortunately. Recent Huawei's have this issues with the majority of DACs. Only Huawei can solve it.
Hi dwrae,

Thanks for the reply although it's very disappointing to hear. Looks I'll have to return the Hidizs and get a cheap USB-C to phono cable and hope the internal audio on the phone is reasonably good. 

Maybe an email to Huawei too although I suspect that will fall on deaf ears.

Cheers
(08-20-2019, 04:56 PM)Litchfields Wrote: Hi, 

I've just bought a Hidizs USB DAC to use with my Huawei P30 Pro so I can get the best out of my trusty Shure 425's. Hidizs recommended UAPP as the Android player to use. I've downloaded and installed the trial app and it initializes my USB DAC but sadly have hit an immediate problem. I get "Error starting playback" whatever flac track I try.

I've searched for the issue on the forum and tried changing the buffer size but with no effect. 

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to solve as so far as I can tell it should all work and without it I'm getting no benefit from the Hidizs. 

Thanks in advance. 

Hello,
I also use the Hidizs Sonata HD in conjunction with a Huawei Porsche Design Mate RS and I managed to get the Sonata HD to play.

It's really easy if you know how.
Shall I help you or have you already sent the Sonata HD back?
Synek Pablo
(08-23-2019, 10:53 PM)SynekPablo Wrote:
(08-20-2019, 04:56 PM)Litchfields Wrote: Hi, 

Thanks in advance. 

Hello,
I also use the Hidizs Sonata HD in conjunction with a Huawei Porsche Design Mate RS and I managed to get the Sonata HD to play.

It's really easy if you know how.
Shall I help you or have you already sent the Sonata HD back?
Hi Synek Pablo, I've just got back from holiday and not sent the Hidizs back yet. I'm interested to know how you got it working so I can see if works for my phone.

Thanks
@SynekPablo @Litchfields

Hi, I have the same problem with Hidizs Sonata on my Mate 20 Pro, what would be the solution?
(11-29-2019, 01:56 PM)dr_iggy Wrote: @SynekPablo @Litchfields

Hi, I have the same problem with Hidizs Sonata on my Mate 20 Pro, what would be the solution?

Hi
Same problem with Meizu Hifi , Huawei P30 , any solution ?

Regards 

Marek
(12-06-2020, 08:00 PM)Jude80 Wrote:
(11-29-2019, 01:56 PM)dr_iggy Wrote: @SynekPablo @Litchfields

Hi
Same problem with Meizu Hifi , Huawei P30 , any solution ?

Regards 

Marek

Unfortunately, Huawei devices have a bug in the kernel that fails to read the USB descriptors of certain DACs. In these situations, even though we have our own driver, our app cannot submit USB audio transfers to the device, We have reported this to Huawei on multiple occasions, but they refuse to solve the situation. The same thing happens with other apps that use their own driver as well.

As a work-around, you can deactivate 'Use USB DAC' in the app's USB audio tweaks, but after that it will not use our own driver.
Thanks for Your answer. Lg v30 works? I"m considering buing and using as audio player.

Regards

Marek
Yes, the V30 works fine.