eXtream Software Development Forum

Full Version: Morphit problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I use UAPP on Android 10 with a Lotoo PAW S2 and it just sounds better than everything else I've tried.
The only problem I encounter is when I use the morphit plugin (paid version) and switch to a track with a different stream quality - for instance from 24-192 to 16-44 - the track sounds really bad.
It can only be fixed by a complete exit of UAPP so it's rather annoying.

How to solve this?
Please go into the app's settings, select USB audio tweaks and enable 'Free USB bandwidth after playback' and see if that helps.
Very sorry for the late reply!

'Free USB bandwidth after playback' doesn't fix the issue.

Findings/tried so far:

- The issue is reproducible*
- The Lotoo displays the proper frequency of the tracks
- Tried all sort of combinations of USB tweaks; no fix
- Tried starting with hi-res track/morphit disabled, skip to standard track/morpit enabled; same issue
- Tried different sources; NAS, local files, Qobuz stream; same issue
- Tried integrated hires phonedac + phonespeaker; same issue (yes, even audible with mono phone speaker)
- Tried fresh install on another phone; same issue

* To reproduce...

Morphit settings:

Headphone type: Philips Fidelio X3
Target headphone type: AKG K371

Amount: 100%
Gain: 0.0 dB

Limiter: enabled

- Start UAPP
- Play hi-res track (I use 'Diana Krall - The Girl in the Other Room' 24bit 96kHz)

=== Sound is fine, to say; very nice ===

- Skip to (standard) track (I use 'Sophie Zelmani - Why' 16bit 44.1kHz)

=== Sound is not ok. Most noticable when Sophie start singing at +/- 25 sec. It has an ugly sort of nasal, hollow signature ===

- Exit UAPP
- Start UAPP and play same (standard) track

=== Sound is fine, to say; very nice ===

I don't understand I'm probably the only one with this issue?!?
I don't see a reply that neither confirm nor deny this issue; can this be confirmed as a bug to solve?

It's easy reproducable.

Tried with 2 different phones and 3 different usb dacs + 2 different internal dacs: same issue.
(01-10-2023, 09:57 PM)tinymusic Wrote: [ -> ]I don't see a reply that neither confirm nor deny this issue; can this be confirmed as a bug to solve?

It's easy reproducable.

Tried with 2 different phones and 3 different usb dacs + 2 different internal dacs: same issue.

It sounds like a bug, I'll try to investigate it this week
Edit: never mind, I can now reproduce it with the tracks you listed. Solved in next release, thanks!
Solved in the new v6.0.9.5 release; thanks for the continuing support!!!