eXtream Software Development Forum

Full Version: App in the background while recording video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there, I've purchased Roland UA-22 USB interface for my stereo microphone to use it on my Android smartphone as a part of my video recording setup. I want to start audio recording and then put the app in the background, open the camera app and start recording video, so I can lately combine and edit the video and audio tracks on the PC. If this is not impossible on the current version, can it be done in a newer version?

Thank you!
I'm afraid the design does not allow for this and it would be too much effort to change it.
(01-11-2016, 11:30 AM)dwrae Wrote: [ -> ]I'm afraid the design does not allow for this and it would be too much effort to change it.

I'd like to see this feature implemented as well... A way to record  in audio recorder pro or AEM while also filmin video, ideally routing the tracks to the video. In abscence of that, is there any conflict with running the video recording and AER recrding simultaneously?
The app will only get 5% cpu time when running in the background, so chances on audio glitching increase. Depending on your Android model, Android can also decide to stop the app.