eXtream Software Development Forum

Full Version: App freezes when I stop recording
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hello,
Wondering if this is happening to anyone else.....
Tracking 7 Stereo tracks from my Behringer X18 onto a LG Gpad 10.1 (Android 5.x....recording to an SD card)
I am testing to see if I can record an entire set (45 minutes).
The application looks to be tracking fine for the entire time.  When I hit the stop button, the app freezes.
The longer my recordings are, the longer it freezes for.
This last attempt I recorded 47 minutes, hit the stop button....and it's been 32 minutes....and the app is still frozen.
If I touch anywhere on the screen, nothing happens...but a minute later I get the normal Android pop up that says "Audio Evolution App is not responding".  And I click 'wait'.

Anyone know what's going on here?
Thanks for any insight!
*update....I let the app sit for an hour and it finally just crashed. No data stored.
The tracks are probably stored, but not the project. Could you verify if the samples are there in your project's Samples folder?
(02-22-2016, 10:31 AM)dwrae Wrote: [ -> ]The tracks are probably stored, but not the project. Could you verify if the samples are there in your project's Samples folder?

I will check again tonight, but I don't believe so.

The first time I tried to record 'long' files, it froze....I waited....then after 30 min I closed the app.
I went to my stored samples and found files, but they were only 7 minutes long.

Since then, I did an additional recording (for 40+ minutes), which is what I was outlining above.
I will check my tablet to see if those files are present.

Thanks.
Please also check the project's Recordings folder just in case.
(02-23-2016, 12:55 PM)dwrae Wrote: [ -> ]Please also check the project's Recordings folder just in case.

There were files there, but they were very short.

I could physically see that the app recorded for the full time....but the files did not seem to store.

I will clean all files off my tablet and try again this evening.

Thanks.
I am having similar problems, although I am experimenting with an unsupported device, so I thought it was that.

However, I did find all the recordings in the 'Samples' folder.
Ok, may I ask which USB audio device you are using and how long you recorded?
(03-01-2016, 12:10 PM)dwrae Wrote: [ -> ]Ok, may I ask which USB audio device you are using and how long you recorded?

It was a Behringer XR18 hooked up to a Sasmsung S2 (which I didn't expect to work). 

Froze on stop each time after two test recordings of 50min and 45min, 11 mono tracks.
Same exact thing happening here.
I have the LG Gpad 10.1 - also not on the compatible list...so I'm guessing that's my issue.
Bummer...
Pages: 1 2