eXtream Software Development Forum

Full Version: Track Recording issues with MIDI
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It's hard to say exactly how this happens, so I'm hoping someone else has seen it or knows what's going on.

I add a USB MIDI track.  Record something, decide I made a mistake and undo it.  Then I re-arm the track and press record...and....the track is now an AUDIO track not a MIDI track.  

The only thing I can think of is that somehow in the process of undoing it's easy to nuke the MIDI track or something, and an audio track somehow gets 'auto-created' and appears to be the same track.

It has happened many times and I now have to slow down VERY much and work with the app very slowly so as to make sure that a MIDI track *stays* a MIDI track.  I think some kind of 'Track Lock' should be implemented that prevents a track from being removed before unlocking it.  In Addition, there should be an option to never 'auto-add' a track when record is pressed.  This might eliminate accidental audio tracks from being added.

Again, I can't say FOR SURE this is a bug...but I can't tell you how many times I've tried to re-record a MIDI sequence only to find it's now an Audio Track.
This is one of the bugs with USB MIDI tracks. I noticed it weeks ago and started to write a mail about to the developers but did not finish.

Another bug is 'ghost notes' on USB MIDI tracks. While recording, in addition to the notes that I play, some extra notes get recorded on USB MIDI tracks sometimes! Is this a bug or my USB MIDI adapter is faulty?