eXtream Software Development Forum

Full Version: App crash on lock screen?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm not sure if this is a bug or feature, essentially it all works, I play a track and can dismiss the app and rely on notification integration and the screen powers off, and it works for a while, then it just stops. There is a semi audible blip, and then nothing. When I unlock the screen the Notification bar is missing, this happens with the app launched, as well as with Notification bar only. Anecdotally it may be something to do with doze mode. it doesn't appear to happen if I unlock the screen every now and the. Have not experimented with doze yet, just want to know if anyone else has seen this? I also have an app called AccuBattery installed to check on my battery, and that reports battery usage 8.x% when all my other apps are <1% (Though given the power requirement of the Dragonfly this is not a surprise.)

My Setup:
OnePlus 3t, OxygenOS 4.5.1 stock, unrooted, (essentially stock Nougat 7.1.1, August 1st Path level, with a few extras) International/global edition (model: ONEPLUS-A3003) firmware: AONEPLUS-A3003_28_171012
Complete specs here: https://www.gsmarena.com/oneplus_3t-8416.php but essentially: Snapdragon 821, Adreno 530, 6GB RAM, 64GB storage, USB 2.0 Type-C, Li-Ion 3400 mAh battery, headphone jack :)
Dragonfly Black v1.5 (Firmware 1.0.3 accordingly to a leaflet in the box)
Anker USB-C to USB Adapter (USB 3.1 Gen 1) PN: X000NPN11Z (as far as I know it's an OTG cable, bought from Amazon)
USB port configured as an "Audio Source" in Developer Options, though when I initially plugged it all up and installed the USB host checker it said it wasn't configured, and it couldn't find su to change that, the first line was a green tick with two red X's
USB Audio Player Pro v3.76
StarBrick BE4 earphones (Kickstarter)

It's probably something I'm doing wrong, but it would be nice to know before I mess about to much. There is a current beta of Oreo (Android 8.x) available if that helps.
Anyone seen anything like that? A quick search of the forums showed nothing.
Normally, the app would give a warning the first time you run it on a OnePlus 3. It reads:
"For the OnePlus3, you need to turn off battery optimization for this app. Please select Android Settings, Battery, top-right menu, Aggressive doze and hibernation, turn it ON and make sure optimization is disabled for USB Audio Player PRO. Note that this is not the same as leaving the option doze and hibernation off! OnePlus have admitted the problem, but unfortunately will not do anything about it."

I hope that helps.
Tried it, didn't help, but I have a new hypothesis, I reckon it could be related to data throughput. I had the similar problem listening to a podcast streamed of the interwebs once it hands off to the notification bar at some point it will just quit. Never have this problem with Player Pro, but it is effectively running an analogue signal, not a digital one, direct off the headphone jack locally. Confusing.
All the people that experienced the app exiting were able to solve it by disabling the aggressize doze for UAPP. There were initially people who said it didn't work, but it turned out they did not choose the right settings in the battery options. If UAPP always quits between 10 to 20 minutes, this is definitely it, so please look again there.