eXtream Software Development Forum

Full Version: Compressed Output?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ASUS Zenpad Z380M 8.0

After recording guitar from the special auxiliary iPhone output of my Roland MicroCube GX amplifier to my tablet TRRS input, the output although clean, sounds very compressed. I have tried varying the input level from high to low to no avail. Has anyone else had this problem? 

I do know that Android controls the level of the microphone input but surely I can't be the only one with this problem.

Roger
It's a mic input with automatic gain, so that's probably not going to work well as you found out. You could try the 'Mic, no processing, lowest latency' option for 'Audio input' in the preferences.
(11-03-2017, 11:58 AM)dwrae Wrote: [ -> ]It's a mic input with automatic gain, so that's probably not going to work well as you found out. You could try the 'Mic, no processing, lowest latency' option for 'Audio input' in the preferences.

I already have the 'Mic, no processing, lowest latency' set. It is probably as you said, the Mic automatic gain that is causing it. I'm not sure how to get around this one. Thank you anyway for your prompt reply.
If your device supports USB host, you could try a USB audio interface with proper line inputs.
(11-04-2017, 04:31 PM)dwrae Wrote: [ -> ]If your device supports USB host, you could try a USB audio interface with proper line inputs.

I would love to give that a try but unfortunately my signal source is from a TRRS plug to keep it simple. To try out the USB idea I would have to purchase a TRRS to USB converter (if I could find one).