eXtream Software Development Forum

Full Version: multiple tag support
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I couldn't find an answer to this anywhere so figured I'd ask here.

Can UAPP detect multiple tags in MP3 and FLAC files?

For example the song Back in Black. I have it tagged with two genre tags, "Hits" and "Hard Rock".

In the media tree when looking up music to play, will this song show up in BOTH

Genre-->Hits-->Back in Black
and
Genre-->Hard Rock-->Back In Black
?

Same question with other fields as well like artist.

Thanks for any help
At the moment, it will only take the first
Hello,

I want to open this topic again, as this answer is long time ago and since then i couldnt find any update via search funktion..

I have about 8000files on my IBasso dx160, FLAC, with multiple Genre Tags, divided by ";"

In most apps (Poweramp, MangoPlayer, HIBY Music) this is read properly.. Not so in USBAudioPlayerPro. 

What i get if i go to GENRES 

For example, if i have tagged an album as "Rock;Rock Alternative;Blues Rock" i see in USBAudioPlayerPro a Genre called "Rock Rock Alternative Blues Rock" it just take away the separator but write the whole text as one..

In Poweramp you have a setting for the Tag Separator there you can set your Separator like ";" or "," or "/" or "//"

Is there anything similar for USBAudioPlayerPro?

Thanks for contribution
(11-20-2019, 01:56 PM)andreo10 Wrote: [ -> ]Hello,

I want to open this topic again, as this answer is long time ago and since then i couldnt find any update via search funktion..

I have about 8000files on my IBasso dx160, FLAC, with multiple Genre Tags, divided by ";"

In most apps (Poweramp, MangoPlayer, HIBY Music) this is read properly.. Not so in USBAudioPlayerPro. 

What i get if i go to GENRES 

For example, if i have tagged an album as "Rock;Rock Alternative;Blues Rock" i see in USBAudioPlayerPro a Genre called "Rock Rock Alternative Blues Rock" it just take away the separator but write the whole text as one..

In Poweramp you have a setting for the Tag Separator there you can set your Separator like ";" or "," or "/" or "//"

Is there anything similar for USBAudioPlayerPro?

Thanks for contribution
Hi. I know this is an old post, but do you ever get a response? I am having the same issue where the app doesn't recognize multiple genres. I've tried every separator, and none of them work. A ";" separator just gets ignored and only the first genre gets listed in the Metadata window. The one that mp3tag uses is two reverse slashes, but this one just drops the separator entirely and makes a new Genre out of the two. Any luck?
Multitple genres, artists etc. are not supported.
(12-29-2022, 02:55 PM)dwrae Wrote: [ -> ]Multitple genres, artists etc. are not supported.

Oh, really? That's odd. I heard other apps were able to do this, so I figured I was just doing something wrong. Can I ask why? This is probably my favorite app and it feels like a pretty trivial thing to be missing. It's no big deal, but it would be kind of nice if CDs could show up in multiple genre folders.
(12-30-2022, 08:32 AM)Flacfinder Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-29-2022, 02:55 PM)dwrae Wrote: [ -> ]Multitple genres, artists etc. are not supported.

Oh, really? That's odd. I heard other apps were able to do this, so I figured I was just doing something wrong. Can I ask why? This is probably my favorite app and it feels like a pretty trivial thing to be missing. It's no big deal, but it would be kind of nice if CDs could show up in multiple genre folders.

It just hasn't been implemented. It's far from trivial from a database perspective.