Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Newbie, adding albums from Subsonic/DLNA server
Quite a happy user so far, using a Cyrus Soundkey with my Samsung S8, improvement in sound quality is staggering!
I mainly stream from my Synology Diskstation using Subsonic, and sometimes use a library stored on a 128GB card in the phone. My music collection in the DS is over half a terabyte and I haven't yet been able to justify the cost of putting it all on a memory card! Therefore I normally listen by streaming, and just use the internal library when I'm away from an internet connection.
I like to add around 3-4 albums at a time and just listen away. When using the library stored on the device it's possible to add a whole album/folder to the end of the current playing queue. However, unless I'm missing something, when I'm using the Subsonic server I cannot do this, and have to add one track at a time to the queue. Am I doing something wrong, or is this a missing feature?
If you access it as UPnP/DLNA server, then you can tap on the 3-dot icon at the right side of an album and select 'Add to queue'
(01-18-2020, 08:35 PM)dwrae Wrote: If you access it as UPnP/DLNA server, then you can tap on the 3-dot icon at the right side of an album and select 'Add to queue'
Thanks, yes discovered this after a bit of digging and it works well.

I've found that the app doesn't work all that well with Subsonic, some of the flac stream doesn't get decoded leading to some strange effects, as well as the queueing issue, so won't use Subsonic in future.

Another issue I have found is that it drains my battery if I forget to close the app down after listening, that's down to me remembering - I've discovered the 'Stop on task removal' setting so hopefully that will work.
It is Android that powers the Cyrus. Stopping the app won't help with the drain. Or at least, not much.
(01-31-2020, 12:00 PM)dwrae Wrote: It is Android that powers the Cyrus. Stopping the app won't help with the drain. Or at least, not much.
Yes, I know the phone powers the Soundkey, but there's still a significant power drain when I disconnect it unless I actually stop the app, so much so that Android warns me about it after an hour or two! My phone's getting a bit long in the tooth now and the battery is loosing capacity so it doesn't help.
I'm remembering to stop the app most of the time now  Rolleyes