Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
systemwide driver
Although we will continue to improve the UI of UAPP, I also respect that people might just prefer other player UI's. We will have a very simple solution for this: UPnP/DLNA. Soon, UAPP will become a UPnP media renderer, meaning that any app supporting UPnP can select audio to be played through UAPP. Note that actual audio is not transferred between apps in this case, but URL's are passed over UPnP. Would this be a solution?
(05-12-2016, 02:59 PM)dwrae Wrote: Although we will continue to improve the UI of UAPP, I also respect that people might just prefer other player UI's. We will have a very simple solution for this: UPnP/DLNA. Soon, UAPP will become a UPnP media renderer, meaning that any app supporting UPnP can select audio to be played through UAPP. Note that actual audio is not transferred between apps in this case, but URL's are passed over UPnP. Would this be a solution?

Sounds like a very solid and globally supported plan.  Standards are good things;)  I'm very familiar with PC/Lan based DLNA, but do you mean that Android apps can act as a DLNA player from a DLNA server (UAPP) running on the same device?  That's my main use case.

Side question - being that you build the best driver on the planet, I'm guessing the quality wouldn't be compromised.

For home, I use Sonos.  It plays my FLAC files just fine and all my units are wired and connected via toslink to a DAC for one room and another has a Marantz AV/MM8003 combo that has DACs built in.
Yes, servers and clients can be local as well. Quality wouldn't be compromised, especially when the URL's are local files.
(05-12-2016, 08:57 PM)dwrae Wrote: Yes, servers and clients can be local as well. Quality wouldn't be compromised, especially when the URL's are local files.

Beautiful.  I did a side by side comparison of a couple of different players and nobody can touch your driver.  I'm getting a DragonFly Red when I get home and can't wait to see what the USB Audio 2 support does.
(05-12-2016, 02:59 PM)dwrae Wrote: We will have a very simple solution for this: UPnP/DLNA. Soon, UAPP will become a UPnP media renderer.

Great news, when do you think this functionality will be ready? This should really increase the number of users who can benefit from your app (qobuz, Google music etc via bubbleupnp). Can't wait!
(05-25-2016, 11:14 PM)nooogent Wrote:
(05-12-2016, 02:59 PM)dwrae Wrote: We will have a very simple solution for this: UPnP/DLNA. Soon, UAPP will become a UPnP media renderer.

Great news, when do you think this functionality will be ready? This should really increase the number of users who can benefit from your app (qobuz, Google music etc via bubbleupnp). Can't wait!

Cannot give a time estimate unfortunately.
We are going to need testers soon though.. :)
If you would like to test, please send an email to info AT extreamsd.com
Big Grin 
Selected a song from Google Music in BubbleUpnp and let it play through UAPP:

[Image: UAPP_Bubble.png]

Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin
(05-29-2016, 05:56 PM)dwrae Wrote: Selected a song from Google Music in BubbleUpnp and let it play through UAPP:

[Image: UAPP_Bubble.png]

Biggrin Biggrin Biggrin

That's awesome. Count me in for testing. I will mail you now.
UPnP/DLNA support would be very welcome. Personally, I use the NVIDIA Shield Android TV and unfortunately, there does not appear to be any player that is DSD compatible. I did manage to compile mpd (musicpd.org) with libnfs support to play my music from my NFS share, but was limited to 16/48. UAPP with an Android TV interface and libnfs support would be simply awesome!