Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Hardware Volume Settings Help
I'm having no luck getting the hardware volume buttons on my LG G3 to control the volume output of USB Audio Player Pro.  The hardware volume buttons only affect output when the app is in focus.  As soon as I switch to another app, the hardware buttons do show the Android media volume going up/down, but USB Audio Player Pro isn't getting the signal and holds volume constant.

LG G3, good USB FireWire.com Y cable, I use SoundAbout to get better control of all the sound configurations, Marshmallow 6.0.1 aosp, rooted phone.
I'm afraid that the use of hardware volume buttons in UAPP is a hack and will not always work (because no audio is streaming through Android itself). Make sure you enable 'Use volume rocker buttons' in the app's settings.
Thanks for the tip. It wasn't until I understood that UAPP can bypass the OS that It all made sense to me. In searching for the best sound, I'll gladly switch to UAPP and change volume from the app.
Same story 4 me. Volume rocker keys work only on main page of UAPP - not working on locked device or when UAPP is in background, regardless of 'Use volume rocker buttons' set or not. Since i use the tablet as a car audio source, navigation and car phone, it is a real nuisance - must take eyes off the road and one hand from driving wheel more than often.
(06-17-2016, 11:39 PM)ZeeWolf Wrote: Same story 4 me. Volume rocker keys work only on main page of UAPP - not working on locked device or when UAPP is in background, regardless of 'Use volume rocker buttons' set or not. Since i use the tablet as a car audio source, navigation and car phone, it is a real nuisance - must take eyes off the road and one hand from driving wheel more than often.

May I ask which tablet that is?
NavRoad NEXO SMART Duo with Android 4.2.2 on MTK MT8312 CPU.
I've run UAPP on LG G3 (with CM and AOSP roms) and the HTC 10 and the volume rocker keys only alter UAPP volume when the UAPP screen is active (if that helps).

p.s. I've been on tons of threads lately looking on XDA and I tell everyone there is nothing, and stress nothing, that can even come close to the sound UAPP delivers. I haven't had a chance to test out the UPnP because it takes a few hours to sit down and figure out all the settings.
OK. Done some testing - here are the results.
When playing music and no DAC is connected ('Play through Android' selected) volume rocker changes system media volume (even with UAPP not in foreground) - UAPP main screen volume slider doesn't react at all, but audio level changes. Now, when I connect DAC and play music, volume rocker controls UAPP volume slider on main UAPP screen, and system media volume otherwise. In second case, actual sound volume doesn't change. I understand this behaviour, since UAPP with DAC (in my case) doesn't use Android audio but own driver. My suggestion is to link UAPP volume setting to system media volume setting - easy way to control UAPP audio volume with rocker buttons (like in any other media app), without the need for unreliable hacks.
It just cannot work like that unfortunately: the volume rocker button only functions when Android audio is playing.
Volume rocker works as it should (at least on my device) - on default it changes ringer volume, during voice call it changes call volume, and when media is playing it changes media volume. Interesting thing is that when music is playing thru UAPP with USB DAC, and UAPP main screen is not in foreground, system still recognizes correctly that media is playing, and pressing volume rocker changes system media volume, not ringer or call (and when I pause playback in UAPP, rocker changes ringer volume, like in any other media app). On UAPP main screen things change - UAPP seems to 'steal' input from volume rocker and changes it's own internal volume (UAPP slider moves, actual audio loudness changes), but it doesn't change any of system volumes. What i meant was to set the listener (content observer ?) to monitor for media volume change, get android media volume value and set UAPP internal volume accordingly. There could be an option in settings like 'Link UAPP volume to Android media volume' for those, who want to retain current behaviour.

To put it in simple words: there should be an option to control UAPP volume setting not directly, but in response to system media volume changes ;).