eXtream Software Development Forum
Track monitoring.......again. - Printable Version

+- eXtream Software Development Forum (https://www.extreamsd.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Apps (https://www.extreamsd.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Audio Evolution Mobile (https://www.extreamsd.com/forum/forum-21.html)
+---- Forum: Help (https://www.extreamsd.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+---- Thread: Track monitoring.......again. (/thread-440.html)

Pages: 1 2

Track monitoring.......again. - unsound - 10-02-2016

Is there any way to get a track monitoring button like in Cubasis 2 on ios?  So we can monitor an empty track while playing back a previously recorded track.  Seems to me every practicing and recording musician would want this.

[img][Image: track%20monitoring.png][/img]

RE: Track monitoring.......again. - Ray007 - 10-02-2016

Although I myself too requested this feature, but now I think about it again, this can be done with hardware monitoring as well, right? And if it's implemented on software level, the roundtrip latency would be too high without a USB interface.

RE: Track monitoring.......again. - unsound - 10-02-2016

Just wondering at this point if it is an Android issue or AEM issue, if ever going to compete with ios then this seems to be a must feature if possible within the software. If it's an Android issue then I concede and will sadly move to Cubase 2 on an Ipad, I most definitely don't want to but my recording process depends on being able to record the main track and then work out vocals and other guitar tracks using reverb and delay, at the least, on the track without having to record them every time I need to go over an idea.

RE: Track monitoring.......again. - Ray007 - 10-03-2016

1) High latency is an Android issue.
2) iOS does not have a proper file management system for professional use.
3) My guess is that AEM can easily add a software monitoring while playingback, they are not doing it only because it would be unusable without a USB audio interface.

RE: Track monitoring.......again. - unsound - 12-29-2016

(10-03-2016, 02:24 AM)Ray007 Wrote: 1) High latency is an Android issue.
2) iOS does not have a proper file management system for professional use.
3) My guess is that AEM can easily add a software monitoring while playingback, they are not doing it only because it would be unusable without a USB audio interface.

But isn't using a USB audio interface with their custom driver one of the biggest selling points of AEM?
That's what sold me anyway.....

Still hoping for that darn input monitoring during playback........... Rolleyes

RE: Track monitoring.......again. - dwrae - 12-30-2016

You can enable 'Software monitoring' in the app's preferences. If you then arm a track, it will be the same as the input monitoring button in Cubasis.

RE: Track monitoring.......again. - unsound - 12-30-2016

(12-30-2016, 01:52 PM)dwrae Wrote: You can enable 'Software monitoring' in the app's preferences. If you then arm a track, it will be the same as the input monitoring button in Cubasis.

But when I then hit play in Cubasis to play back a previously recorded track it doesn't mute the input like it does in AEM.

RE: Track monitoring.......again. - dwrae - 12-30-2016

No, you would need to un-arm the, track. You can only have either the input or the audio from the track, but not both at the same time.

RE: Track monitoring.......again. - unsound - 01-02-2017

Arm a track and record to it
unarm track
create new track and arm it
hit play while new track is armed and input is hot in order to practice parts or vocals over previously recorded track and the input mutes.

It does not do that in Cubasis or other DAW's as long as the TRACK monitor button is on......the input stays hot so I can software monitor the new track while working out ideas for the previously recorded track.

RE: Track monitoring.......again. - dwrae - 01-03-2017

Yes, the reason we don't have such button yet, is due to the high latency of Android. But since we are probably going to add it for our iOS version, this will come in the Android version as well. And probably optional, so you can choose whether the track monitoring button is visible or not.