eXtream Software Development Forum
Audio Evolution Mobile on Chromebook - Printable Version

+- eXtream Software Development Forum (https://www.extreamsd.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Apps (https://www.extreamsd.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: Audio Evolution Mobile (https://www.extreamsd.com/forum/forum-21.html)
+---- Forum: Help (https://www.extreamsd.com/forum/forum-10.html)
+---- Thread: Audio Evolution Mobile on Chromebook (/thread-547.html)

Audio Evolution Mobile on Chromebook - pim999 - 07-08-2017

Hi,

Since a few month, some chromebooks are able to run Android Apps. Audio Evolution Mobile runs on mine (Acer R11), but I cannot make my USB interface (Zoom H2N) works with it. Could someone tell me if he/she manage to make an USB audio interface on some Chromebook? Is it plan to be "officially" supported?

Best regards,
Pim.

RE: Audio Evolution Mobile on Chromebook - dwrae - 07-08-2017

Chromebook does not support the USB host API as far as I know.

RE: Audio Evolution Mobile on Chromebook - pim999 - 07-09-2017

(07-08-2017, 08:41 PM)dwrae Wrote: Chromebook does not support the USB host API as far as I know.

It seems that it detects USB audio: both the microphone and the line out of the Zoom are recognized, but even when selecting them, the sound is recorder in Audio Evolution from the internal microphone of the computer.

RE: Audio Evolution Mobile on Chromebook - dwrae - 07-12-2017

The Chromebook's driver may use it, but that doesn't mean that the USB host API for apps is supported. If it was, then you would see a dialog asking for permission to use the device.

RE: Audio Evolution Mobile on Chromebook - pim999 - 07-12-2017

(07-12-2017, 11:34 AM)dwrae Wrote: The Chromebook's driver may use it, but that doesn't mean that the USB host API for apps is supported. If it was, then you would see a dialog asking for permission to use the device.

OK, thanks for the answer. So I will wait & hope!

RE: Audio Evolution Mobile on Chromebook - TJH132 - 04-07-2018

Quick update: I have a Google Pixelbook and tried AE for Android a couple months ago with mixed success. The interface was detected but recordings were very stuttery and unusable. Today, I got the all the kit out again and things are working perfectly. For whatever reason, I was forced to re-purchase the USB Mixer add-on at start-up (I purchased it years ago on another Android device -- same Google account).

My set-up is a little wire-intensive, but this is what works for me:

Lexicon Alpha mixer USB connects directly to a QacQac USB-C hub (no OTG cable needed). The hub plugs into the Pixelbook and power plugs into the hub.

Recording was clean and un-stuttered using the AE audio driver and basically default settings.

RE: Audio Evolution Mobile on Chromebook - dave80 - 05-26-2018

(04-07-2018, 05:00 PM)TJH132 Wrote: Quick update:  I have a Google Pixelbook and tried AE for Android a couple months ago with mixed success.  The interface was detected but recordings were very stuttery and unusable.  Today, I got the all the kit out again and things are working perfectly.  For whatever reason, I was forced to re-purchase the USB Mixer add-on at start-up (I purchased it years ago on another Android device -- same Google account).  

My set-up is a little wire-intensive, but this is what works for me:

Lexicon Alpha mixer USB connects directly to a QacQac USB-C hub (no OTG cable needed).  The hub plugs into the Pixelbook and power plugs into the hub.  

Recording was clean and un-stuttered using the AE audio driver and basically default settings.

How did you get this to work? My pixelbook is detecting the usb audio device, but when i open AE it doesn't detect it. I tried it with a USB-C hub and an OTG cable and neither worked. I also enabled the ARC USB host flag. My android apps can now read/write to USB drives on the pixelbook, but still not detecting my USB audio device. I have the pixelbook core i7, and the Presonus audiobox 44VSL. Is there something I am missing here?