eXtream Software Development Forum
FiiO M11 APK availability - Printable Version

+- eXtream Software Development Forum (https://www.extreamsd.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Apps (https://www.extreamsd.com/forum/forum-4.html)
+--- Forum: USB Audio Player PRO (https://www.extreamsd.com/forum/forum-22.html)
+---- Forum: Feature requests / suggestions (https://www.extreamsd.com/forum/forum-17.html)
+---- Thread: FiiO M11 APK availability (/thread-917.html)

Pages: 1 2

FiiO M11 APK availability - salla50 - 07-25-2019

Hi,

I have Fiio M11 for which I really would like to use UAPP.

Sadly, the M11 does not support the Google Play Store and hence no UAPP is available.

Is there any chance to make available an APK somehow for the M11 user base, as this is a very popular DAP?

Thanks.

RE: FiiO M11 APK availability - aklwarrior - 08-01-2019

(07-25-2019, 08:42 AM)salla50 Wrote: Hi,

I have Fiio M11 for which I really would like to use UAPP.

Sadly, the M11 does not support the Google Play Store and hence no UAPP is available.

Is there any chance to make available an APK somehow for the M11 user base, as this is a very popular DAP?

Thanks.

That would be good for the A&K players as well.

RE: FiiO M11 APK availability - salla50 - 08-01-2019

Oh, A&K are out of the Play Store too? Bummer! Come on Extream... UAPP is an audiophile player for audiophile equipment, please support them. Happy to pay for single license use, like I have done with Poweramp. But UAPP is soooo much better.

RE: FiiO M11 APK availability - dwrae - 08-01-2019

The effort to create and support this and the costs involved are way too high. Furthermore, the majority of people would have purchased from the Play Store and would want the apk for free. The increased load on handling individual sales, payment checks, royalty reports for third-parties, increased piracy risk etc. are enough reasons for not doing this.

RE: FiiO M11 APK availability - Ron Eby - 08-21-2019

(08-01-2019, 07:46 PM)dwrae Wrote: The effort to create and support this and the costs involved are way too high. Furthermore, the majority of people would have purchased from the Play Store and would want the apk for free. The increased load on handling individual sales, payment checks, royalty reports for third-parties, increased piracy risk etc. are enough reasons for not doing this.
Tell that to the developers for Neutron Media Player. They do indeed offer an alternate licensing option for Neutron. With Google's certification policy it appears that any hardware running Android 7 or below will no longer have access to the Google play store. I expect this will effect a large number of users, especially those using a dedicated digital audio player. I think you are doing an injustice to yourself and your customers by not providing an alternative licensing method.

RE: FiiO M11 APK availability - Richter Di - 10-05-2019

I like to support the petition for the USB Audio Player Pro to support the FiiO M11.
And yes, Neutron was able to find a safe workaround for not using the Google Play store.
And no, although I already bought the UAPP for my Samsung mobile, I would be willing to pay for the app on my M11. Again Neutron is handling it the same way. You have to pay once more if you want to use their app outside of the Google Play Store environment.
So please, do it.

RE: FiiO M11 APK availability - Ron Eby - 10-05-2019

I might add that Poweramp also falls in this bucket in that the version from the Google play store requires Google authentication and that Poweramp also has an alternate licencing method outside of Google play. So it seems the alternate implementation should be feasible. 

Regarding Dwrae feedback why not to implement an alternate licensing option:

1. the majority of people would have purchased from the Play Store and would want the apk for free

I think this is a false assumption. The currently licensing fee for UUAP is not expensive and I would think most people would be willing to purchase an additional license. I did for Neutron.

2. The increased load on handling individual sales, payment checks

This should be an automated process, just as it is with Google play. There is no increased load for automated processes.

3. royalty reports for third-parties

Royalties should already be being paid to third parties, regardless of the licensing option

4. increased piracy risk etc

An alternate authentication source would hold the same risks as from Google play. Why would this cause any additional risks?

I wouldn't mind supporting a petition to add support for UUAP to M11, but when looking at the developers response I think he just doesn't want to take the time to add this functionality.

I might also add that users might look at Hiby music as an alternative. It also supports bit perfect like UUAP and does not require Google authentication.

RE: FiiO M11 APK availability - Richter Di - 10-06-2019

@Ron Eby

I fully agree with your arguments!

(10-05-2019, 01:56 PM)Ron Eby Wrote: I wouldn't mind supporting a petition to add support for UUAP to M11, but when looking at the developers response I think he just doesn't want to take the time to add this functionality.

The feedback of @dwrae was a bit harsh. No idea why.

(10-05-2019, 01:56 PM)Ron Eby Wrote: I might also add that users might look at Hiby music as an alternative. It also supports bit perfect like UUAP and does not require Google authentication.

But Hiby does not support the Qobuz integration and I have to say this is just a wonderful feature of Usb Audio Player Pro.

RE: FiiO M11 APK availability - dwrae - 10-11-2019

It's not harsh, we just have limited resources and we expect to make a loss on such an investment, unless we ask 40 euro or so for a stand-alone version.

RE: FiiO M11 APK availability - bgm92x - 10-30-2019

I would pay 40 euro for a standalone version!