Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Amazon hd 10 with external dac
Ok I'm a total beginner with external DACs so apologies if I'm missing something simple.

I have the Zen dac which I would like to connect to an Amazon fire tablet.

My tablet has a usb c port so I have used a usb c to a adapter to connect the Zen DACs cable.

When I plug in the cable the tablet asks me if I would like to open UAAP to use the external dac.

UAAP opens and correctly identified the IFI Zen dac.

When I click play the music doesn't advance from 0 seconds (or wherever in the track I move it to) but gives the pause button as thou the track is playing.

Anyone any ideas?

Thanks
Chris
Usually this points to missing functionality in the kernel since I expect any iFi DAC to work with our driver. I'm afraid that's an unsolvable problem.
(04-03-2020, 12:06 PM)dwrae Wrote: Usually this points to missing functionality in the kernel since I expect any iFi DAC to work with our driver. I'm afraid that's an unsolvable problem.
Thank you.  That saves me chasing down this particular rabbit hole.
I can confirm the same connection method works perfectly with my Samsung phone and it is an Amazon fire hd 10 (2019) issue.
(04-03-2020, 02:25 PM)Cinn314 Wrote: Posso confermare che lo stesso metodo di connessione funziona perfettamente con il mio telefono Samsung ed è un problema di Amazon Fire HD 10 (2019).
Quindi è possibile  il secondo e il terzo dispiegarsi con un renderer dac collegato al telefono Android tramite uapp o il renderer è possibile solo da PC win con i relativi driver dac?

o unfold con un dac
If UAPP is set to bit-perfect and performs the MQA decoding (first unfold), then a MQA renderer inside a USB DAC can do further unfolder.