Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Multitrack OGG-File Import
Hi, I am very interested in running your software on my smartphone (android). Our amateur bigband has produced multitrack recordings on AUDACITY, where each instrument has its own track. We export the final result of each song into a 18-tracks OGG-file. Now we are searching for a playback engine, which is able to load this OGG-file and import it into 18 different tracks, because we need the possibility to MUTE each track/instrument independently.

Your AUDIO EVOLUTION MOBILE imported our OGG-file, but it was only one track. Is there a feature to seperate it into 18 tracks?

thanks
peter
No, you should export it in Audacity to separate tracks and then import the individual tracks into the app. It's best not to use OGG though, since that's a compressed format.
Loading 18single WAV-files instead of one OGG-file would not really be a practical solution, because the import would need a lot more of time and attention. We want to use your APP on stage and the loading needs to be very easy and fast.
Oh I see, that only the first loading is complicate and slow. When defining a new song on AUDIO EVOLUTION MOBILE at first I import the 18 OGG-tracks one by one, then I save all as a "new project". Next time I can open the project immediately and all track are loaded very fast. This will help for my purposes. Mainly I will use and need the mixer screen which i now found on a second page (->more). thanks
(05-09-2020, 01:42 PM)Midimaster Wrote: Oh I see, that only the first loading is complicate and slow. When defining a new song on AUDIO EVOLUTION MOBILE at first I import the 18 OGG-tracks one by one, then I save all as a "new project". Next time I can open the project immediately and all track are loaded very fast. This will help for my purposes. Mainly I will use and need the mixer screen which i now found on a second page (->more). thanks
This reply is a bit off subject, desperate people do desperate things!

OGG is killing me.

Is there an online company that one may send OGG, MOGG
File (s) for conversion? This proprietary file system seems to me somewhat
A monopoly.
I'm working with 18 people of a bigband, they are not very used to computers and the bandwith of their internet is small. So we searched for a format, where we can excange large multitrack recordings without the need of zipping them or importing (each time) 18 tracks in single files. The OGG format is perfect for this and by using its quality level 10 there is nearly no loss of audio quality. A 18-track WAV-Song needs aprox. 500MB of data divided in 18 files, a 18-tracks OGG-songs is one single file of aprox. 100MB and you can open it direct in AUDACITY, which all members of the band use for playback. But therefore you need a PC.

Now we thought about searching for an ANDROID app which can load these OGG file, so everybody in the band can use our song on the smartphone.

AUDACITY can convert a lot of formats by IMPORT and then EXPORT the audio. The OGG VORBIS algo is patent free and a real good alternative to MP3, because it has the possibility of upto 32 tracks in one file. It is the prefered format of WIKIPEDIA and also used by SPOTIFY. TREMOR is a decoder algo, which opens OGG also to ANDROID devices.
We are not the only one, who searching for an app to playback multitrack-songs: https://www.facebook.com/wdrbigband/vide...850425259/
(05-09-2020, 01:42 PM)Midimaster Wrote: Oh I see, that only the first loading is complicate and slow. When defining a new song on AUDIO EVOLUTION MOBILE at first I import the 18 OGG-tracks one by one, then I save all as a "new project". Next time I can open the project immediately and all track are loaded very fast. This will help for my purposes. Mainly I will use and need the mixer screen which i now found on a second page (->more). thanks

The file browser can also import your 18 tracks at once though by using the check boxes in front of the 18 tracks and then tapping the last track.
(05-12-2020, 05:19 PM)Mike Hunt Wrote: This reply is a bit off subject, desperate people do desperate things!

OGG is killing me.

Is there an online company that one may send OGG, MOGG
File (s) for conversion?  This proprietary file system seems to me somewhat
A monopoly.

OGG files can be imported in the app. It will convert them to WAV itself, so no need to online conversion.