Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
One-way USB audio (simplex)
Hi all,

I have a USB audio mixer that has a switch to select between the USB port being an input or an output. It cannot be an input and output at the same time. I am using it to record a guitar track, and I can see the audio waveform being recorded OK. I would like to play the audio back through my tablet's headphone socket but I can hear nothing. If I throw the switch so that the mixer is a USB output device, and plug my earphones into the mixer, I just get lots of hum-like noise.

I am guessing that AEM assumes that any USB audio device is used for both input and output, and I can find no option to select the audio output device.

What should I do?

Cheers,
Murray
AEM does not assume that, but the USB descriptors of the mixer probably indicate that it is both an input and output device and select the USB output on the master channel. To change that, press 'Next' twice and select the Output button on the Master channel and set the output to 'Android'.
(05-01-2016, 11:08 AM)dwrae Wrote: AEM does not assume that, but the USB descriptors of the mixer probably indicate that it is both an input and output device and select the USB output on the master channel. To change that, press 'Next' twice and select the Output button on the Master channel and set the output to 'Android'.

That works perfectly dwrae, thank you so much!

I have to say that it's been a pleasant experience to discover and use AEM. Apart from some initial newbie grief with USB devices, and this RTFM issue, it's done everything I would expect very nicely. I wish that I had discovered it before subjecting myself to the protracted pain and suffering that is Ubuntu Studio.

Cheers,
Murray