Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Adding songs without rescanning everything?
Hi, I've been using UAPP for years, since it was first released.

I'm now on the latest version.  I'm wondering, in the new version, it seems that any time I add a new song I need to "re-scan" my music folder.  But that takes about 10 minutes!  Is there some way to add new songs / albums in UAPP quickly?
Yes, press Scan, then Advanced, go to the folders where you added the songs and put a checkmark in front of them and press Scan.
Hi Team, I'm new to UAPP and need your help.

1. In picking up the music from ITunes, using SyncTunes, so I'm assumming UAPP is taking info from that, am I correct?

2. How can the music be missing in UAPP and available on another player.

3. Can you edit the song/album etc in UAPP

Thanks,
1. If you don't use 'Advanced' at scanning, UAPP will scan only the Music folder on your device and if you have an external sd card and select it, it will scan the entire external sd card. If you want to scan in other locations, you need to select 'Advanced' and select the folder(s) you wish to scan.
2. see 1 :)
3. No, we don't want to cross that line of touching user's files at the moment
(11-05-2016, 01:43 PM)dwrae Wrote: 1. If you don't use 'Advanced' at scanning, UAPP will scan only the Music folder on your device and if you have an external sd card and select it, it will scan the entire external sd card. If you want to scan in other locations, you need to select 'Advanced' and select the folder(s) you wish to scan.
2. see 1 :)
3. No, we don't want to cross that line of touching user's files at the moment

Thanks for answering, but why isn't UAPP not picking up the metadata correctly. Missing artist name, album title, etc. not for every but for some entries. I have rescanned a couple of times.
Please send us a track by email to info AT extreamsd.com that misses meta data.