Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settings for MF V-Dac II (24bit)
Hi, I would like to have a suggestion about the best setting of the app for my DAC MF V-DAC II with Tidal lossless music (16bit 44100hz). 
With USB connection my DAC only support 24 bit source. I suppose that's the reason why I can't select "Bit-Perfect (USB Audio)" option. So, how can I be sure to have the maximum result and to avoid resampling/equalization or others? My wish is just to add the missing bit with no other modification. Thank you in advance for your help
If your DAC supports only 24-bit, 16-bit can still play bit-perfect. It would only be a problem if your DAC does not support 44100 Hz, which would be odd. Which error message do you get?
(03-19-2017, 11:03 PM)ottone82 Wrote: Hi, I would like to have a suggestion about the best setting of the app for my DAC MF V-DAC II with Tidal lossless music (16bit 44100hz). 
With USB connection my DAC only support 24 bit source. I suppose that's the reason why I can't select "Bit-Perfect (USB Audio)" option. So, how can I be sure to have the maximum result and to avoid resampling/equalization or others? My wish is just to add the missing bit with no other modification. Thank you in advance for your help

Hi, there’s a type-B USB input that connects to your computer. The asynchronous USB design plays files up to 24-bit/192kHz, too. Just have a look into the menu of Audio Player in order to check if all settings are correct: Upsampling: NO, BitPerfect: YES
Cheers, Rolf
Thank you all for your reply. Actually I selected again Bit Perfect option to check exactly the error message and now it work... I don't know the reason! One information more.. Is there some tweak I have to select to properly work with USB-asynchronous Dac? Thank you once again
(03-20-2017, 08:53 PM)ottone82 Wrote: Thank you all for your reply. Actually I selected again Bit Perfect option to check exactly the error message and now it work... I don't know the reason! One information more.. Is there some tweak I have to select to properly work with USB-asynchronous Dac? Thank you once again
Crucially, it’s a 24bit/192kHz asynchronous USB design. Correctly installed, it it what is says: asynchronous USB. So, ho hassle at all.

Additional USB information
On the host computer, a new mixer will be available, which is the default
mixer whenever the DAC is plugged in. Use this mixer to select the
source or adjust levels if required. CD, MP3, WAV files played on any
software should now play through the DAC. This device has been
designed to work with Windows 98, ME, 2000 and XP.
The computer drivers for the USB input of the V-DAC should install
automatically. To check correct installation follow these steps:
PC users
Check the computer has picked up the device and is currently using it
by clicking: (most Windows versions)
-
Start
-
Settings
-
Control panel
-
Sounds and Multimedia
-
Audio
Check “USB audio device” appears under PREFERRED AUDIO
DEVICE tab

Cheers,
Rolf
Thank you Rolf, actually my question came from the utilization of the Dac with Android through UAPP (i have no experience at all with Android) . No problem in install the Dac in Windows
(03-24-2017, 03:18 PM)ottone82 Wrote: Thank you Rolf, actually my question came from the utilization of the Dac with Android through UAPP (i have no experience at all with Android) . No problem in install the Dac in Windows

As far as I know, Dac with Android is not requiring any modification on your phone. With my Galays S6 edge, Dac is working fine (in asynchronus mode) since I have installed the Audio Player Pro App. However, the App seems not to work with the new Nougat software. I need to dig into this to find out if it is necessary to download the App again. Regards, Rolf
bdw, Audio Player Pro is bypassing all audio limits from Android.