Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Shield TV - randomly stops the music
Hi,

I have bought the APP have it working very well indeed using my Shield TV and Bit perfect output into a Marantz HD-DAC1.
Davy has been super helpful in assisting me to get things going (even on a Sunday), but he did advise me that some users have the music stop randomly when using the Shield TV. He told me that some people have been able to stop this behaviour by 'disabling voice services' on their Shield, but i am simply don't know how to do this having had a good look over the system menus.

The sound quality is fabulous but the constant, seemingly random stopping of the music is quite a problem for me.
The Shield does not give any visual clues that anything has been triggered (voice or otherwise) to stop the music, so if anyone has any help as to how to get this system working without the interruptions, i would be very grateful.

I like the Shield as it is quiet, fast and well supported by the manufacturer.

Cheers

Mike
(06-06-2019, 12:34 PM)Sheriff1972 Wrote: Hi,

I have bought the APP have it working very well indeed using my Shield TV and Bit perfect output into a Marantz HD-DAC1.
Davy has been super helpful in assisting me to get things going (even on a Sunday), but he did advise me that some users have the music stop randomly when using the Shield TV. He told me that some people have been able to stop this behaviour by 'disabling voice services' on their Shield, but i am simply don't know how to do this having had a good look over the system menus.

The sound quality is fabulous but the constant, seemingly random stopping of the music is quite a problem for me.
The Shield does not give any visual clues that anything has been triggered (voice or otherwise) to stop the music, so if anyone has any help as to how to get this system working without the interruptions, i would be very grateful.

Cheers

Mike

I had the same problem.  It turned out to be caused by the stock remote control that comes with the Shield.  Take the battery out of the remote and use a mouse & keyboard to navigate and the problem should go away.
(06-06-2019, 12:34 PM)Sheriff1972 Wrote: Hi,

Cheers

Mike
Hey Mike, How did you install UAPP on Shield TV? The play store on mine won't let me install the app - limited apps only. Also tried an app called yalp store, but it no longer works :(
(09-26-2019, 12:31 AM)cleanup Wrote: Hey Mike,                                                                                                                                                                                                            How did you install UAPP on Shield TV? The play store on mine won't let me install the app - limited apps only.                        Also tried an app called yalp store, but it no longer works :(

You have to install it from an APK after first buying it from the Google Play Store and installing it on some other Android device using the same Google account as you will be using on the Shield.  However only versions early than 5.0 work for me on my Shield and even before v5.0 it was a bit hard to use because their are quirks in the UI due to the app being developed for plain Android than for AndroidTV (which is actually a somewhat different O/S, optimized for large screen TVs rather than for portable devices).  So I'm still running v4.3.2 on my Shield, but with great results sonically.