Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Any plans to add Amazon HD music ?
Thumbs Up 
Hi,

I've used Qobuz and Tidal for years, I only discovered recently that Amazon has a lossless / HD and ultra HD (24 bit) music service, this is also cheaper than Qobuz and Tidal if you're a Amazon prime subscriber, so I'd expect just based on price Amazon HD will become way more known about and popular.

I've got no idea what's going on with Amazon HD music, but it sounds way better than Qobuz and Tidal. I know that makes no sense and it makes no sense to me but I trust my ears, they've always been correct when I've had sound quality issues. So Amazon HD music sounds incredibly open, each instrument in the mix clearly stands out, I'm 100% noticing cleaner / new sound in tracks I've played 100 times before. Maybe their player is coded better or their server horse power is delivering the data more reliably - no idea, I know it sounds different to the point I want to listen to all my music again.

Amazon HD music also doesn't have the restricted catalog of Qobuz which always sounded a little better than Tidal in my opinion. I'm totally sold on Amazon HD music, no chance I'll be changing back to Tidal or Qobuz.

I've not done any tests with their mobile player connected to a USB DAC yet, but just playing through the headphone out I'm hearing the same qualities in the audio.

So it would be good to know if there's any plans to add Amazon HD to UAPP ?

Messages In This Thread
Any plans to add Amazon HD music ? - by 20InchWoofer - 04-07-2020, 10:37 AM
RE: Any plans to add Amazon HD music ? - by dwrae - 04-09-2020, 10:55 AM
RE: Any plans to add Amazon HD music ? - by 20InchWoofer - 04-10-2020, 11:45 AM