Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Gapless mp3 files Dark Side of the Moon (iTunes ripped/encoded) NOT playing gapless!
I recently purchased UAPP after purchasing the AudioQuest Dragonfly Cobalt DAC in order to transfer my music library (hi-res 24-bit, 96kHz FLACs + various MP3/AAC/ALAC/etc.) to my Android phone for mobile playback (headphones, vehicle, etc.) and am happy with the quality of the UAPP app for playback of my hi-res FLAC files, even for its ability to play those back gapless.

However, when I try to play my gapless MP3 files, ripped and encoded by iTunes using my own purchased CD's over the years, UAPP is NOT playing them back gapless, i.e., there is a noticeable pop/click/gap between tracks that should be seamless/gapless, and in fact do play seamless/gapless when playing the exact same files on a computer running iTunes or on my old iPod. Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon is one example of tracks that are supposed to be played seamless/gapless.

On the same phone, even running the free Android app foobar2000, these files do in fact play gapless.

Are there some settings I need to enable to play gapless mp3 albums or is this a known issue?

I can provide more info if needed (metadata output from ffprobe, etc.)

Thanks.

Messages In This Thread
Gapless mp3 files Dark Side of the Moon (iTunes ripped/encoded) NOT playing gapless! - by b00h00 - 10-27-2021, 07:00 PM