Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Network Failure - Network name cannot be found
(09-12-2016, 10:24 AM)dwrae Wrote: ok, did you start the address with smb:// like smb://192.168.x.xx ?

Yes, exactly.

One one occasion I started the address with smb://192.168.X.XX, on another I added ''sharename'' according to the server created on the above video (smb://192.168.X.XX/sharename) and one third try, I tried smb://rpinas//sharename and smb://rpinas.

The strange thing is that I have no problem to connect to the server from 2 other computers running windows in my LAN. However, accessing my server from USB Audio Player Pro is one of the main reasons I created this server in the first place and would be very nice to have this ability!

I wish I could stay with OMV with which I had no problems with USB Audio player Pro but unfortunately, that's not an option, at least with my current setup.

Thank you very much for all your help! I really appreciate it and by the way, USB Audio Pro is by far the best Android Audio Player  have used that allows audio from external USB DACs.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Network Failure - Network name cannot be found - by gtj - 09-12-2016, 02:36 PM