Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MQA File Not Playing at Max Resolution and Some Not Recognised as MQA
So...not sure if this will help anyone, but here’s what I did to finally get the app to recognize all the tracks from an MQA CD as MQA: I was ripping the CDs on a MacBook with XLD, 100% accurate rip. But there were 2 or 3 tracks UAPP was not recognizing as MQA, even with a deep scan. So I ripped the CDs again on a Windows PC with Foobar, and then used the Windows version of the MQA renaming app. And just for the hell of it, I turned OFF the “deep scan”, and voila - all tracks are now recognized by UAPP as MQA. I tried this with all three of the Japanese-issued Rolling Stones MQA x UHQCD releases, and it worked on all three. Not sure if anyone else can repeat this and get the same results, but figured I would share what worked for me.

Also, when playing one of the aforementioned ripped CDs or one of my downloaded MQA files purchased from the Onkyo store, the tracks are recognized by UAPP as MQA tracks and show the proper resolution, but you do not get the “blue (dot) light” that shows up when you stream a Masters track from Tidal.

Messages In This Thread
RE: MQA File Not Playing at Max Resolution and Some Not Recognised as MQA - by Louie - 04-07-2019, 03:03 AM