Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Audio Evolution Mobile on Chromebook
(04-07-2018, 05:00 PM)TJH132 Wrote: Quick update:  I have a Google Pixelbook and tried AE for Android a couple months ago with mixed success.  The interface was detected but recordings were very stuttery and unusable.  Today, I got the all the kit out again and things are working perfectly.  For whatever reason, I was forced to re-purchase the USB Mixer add-on at start-up (I purchased it years ago on another Android device -- same Google account).  

My set-up is a little wire-intensive, but this is what works for me:

Lexicon Alpha mixer USB connects directly to a QacQac USB-C hub (no OTG cable needed).  The hub plugs into the Pixelbook and power plugs into the hub.  

Recording was clean and un-stuttered using the AE audio driver and basically default settings.

How did you get this to work? My pixelbook is detecting the usb audio device, but when i open AE it doesn't detect it. I tried it with a USB-C hub and an OTG cable and neither worked. I also enabled the ARC USB host flag. My android apps can now read/write to USB drives on the pixelbook, but still not detecting my USB audio device. I have the pixelbook core i7, and the Presonus audiobox 44VSL. Is there something I am missing here?

Messages In This Thread
Audio Evolution Mobile on Chromebook - by pim999 - 07-08-2017, 07:45 PM
RE: Audio Evolution Mobile on Chromebook - by dave80 - 05-26-2018, 01:12 AM