Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Cannot play .flac or .wav files
Hi,
I have a Samsung Galaxy Tab S2 connected to a Topping D50s DAC via USB. I can play .dsf files easily enough, but I am having no joy playing .flac or .wav files - the sound level meters in the app do not move. I'm sure this is only due to me not configuring some settings in the app properly. Can anyone help me out with this? Thanks.
Is there any error message?
(08-01-2020, 04:20 PM)dwrae Wrote: Is there any error message?

No, there are no error messages displayed. I have also tried connecting the USB lead before and after the tablet was switched on, but that didn't make any difference.

For your information, the .flac and .wav files were created by ripping a CD using Exact Audio Copy, and the .dsf files were created by converting the same ripped .wav files using Tascam's Hi-Res Editor.
Is the time counter moving when you play them and if so, if you open the volume dialog, do you see volume being displayed?
(08-02-2020, 05:21 PM)dwrae Wrote: Is the time counter moving when you play them and if so, if you open the volume dialog, do you see volume being displayed?

The time counter does not move and neither do the volume level meters. I can play all file types (wav, flac, dsf) when disconnected from the external DAC and using the one built in the tablet. Strangely, last night I could play all file types through the external DAC whilst the tablet was online, but today only .dsf files can be played through the external DAC, even when the tablet is online. Could this be an activation issue?
No, please email support@audio-evolution.com
(08-03-2020, 05:58 PM)dwrae Wrote: No, please email support@audio-evolution.com

I've re-installed the app, and it's working perfectly now. Thanks.