Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Settings for DAC/DSP (in car)
I'm looking at using my phone as a source device going straight into a Helix DSP Mini (in car). FYI the DSP Mini is a 96kHz / 24-bit unit.

There's a small hardware module available for that DSP which allows a direct USB connection.

I'm not sure whether selecting Bit Perfect Mode to 'On' (at all times) is the only setting to consider changing? As part of this setup, my preference is to control volume only with the car stereo system and not with the phone at all.

Thanks for any feedback -
Nik
Controlling volume with a car system is a bit of a hit and miss. It totally depends on how the volume events of the car's volume buttons get propagated through the system. Whether you need to turn on bit-perfect depends on if you want to perform any processing like EQ.
(10-10-2020, 01:47 PM)dwrae Wrote: Controlling volume with a car system is a bit of a hit and miss. It totally depends on how the volume events of the car's volume buttons get propagated through the system. Whether you need to turn on bit-perfect depends on if you want to perform any processing like EQ.

Thanks for writing back - No I don't think I want any processing of the file prior to it being handed over to the DSP Mini.

i.e. I want the phone/UAPP to simply be used as a digital transport, nothing more and nothing less.

I can't think of any reason in my particular setup why I'd want UAPP to do any EQ, unless I'm missing some obvious and likely issues...

Nik