Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Need display of stored Toneboosters filter parameters
I use the Toneboosters parametric EQ. The only display of the entered parameters like Q and gain for each of the 6 filters seems to be the main EQ graphic display, which only shows a rounded off value. For example, like Q = 0.73 on the display, instead of the full entered value which was 0.725. Careful listening shows there is a sonic difference between these two values, 0.730 (display) and 0.725 (entered).

Is there any way of pulling up for display the actual values stored for the EQ filter parameters?
Yes, please double tap on the entry box.
(06-30-2021, 12:31 PM)dwrae Wrote: Yes, please double tap on the entry box.

Thanks, but unfortunately this doesn't work. It just brings up the "enter" box with the original value randomly changed (depending on exactly where the stylus contacted the enter box), displayed to 2 digits accuracy right of the decimal point. This is not the old original value. What I want is a display of the old original value, to at least 3 decimal points accuracy right of the decimal point.
(06-30-2021, 10:21 PM)ambref Wrote:
(06-30-2021, 12:31 PM)dwrae Wrote: Yes, please double tap on the entry box.

Thanks, but unfortunately this doesn't work. It just brings up the "enter" box with the original value randomly changed (depending on exactly where the stylus contacted the enter box), displayed to 2 digits accuracy right of the decimal point. This is not the old original value. What I want is a display of the old original value, to at least 3 decimal points accuracy right of the decimal point.

On my phone, I created an example EQ preset and noticed that it stores information in an XML file in the folder Root-Directory-Of-Your-Android-Device/UAPP/TBEQPresets/Name-Of-Your-Preset.xml

When I look at that text file, however, the numbers I entered don't correspond to the floating point numbers in that XML file, so perhaps some further math is done in the app to make use of those numbers, which have a rather large number of precision digits after the decimal (8 digits for some).

Maybe the Toneboosters folks can englighten us or maybe you can deduce by experimentation. Good luck.