Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Dumpsys command: DIRECT sample rate 8000Hz
Hi,
I have LG G7 ThinQ with custom Evolution X ROM (based on AOSP Android 11). The ROM supports built-in DAC. I know that since A10 LG doesn't support DSD/DoP.
When I play DSD files with Hi-Res driver, UAPP shows the file as Direct PCM 352,8kHz. When I use ADB command "dumpsys media.audio_flinger, it gives me log with DIRECT sample rate 8000Hz.

Is there a way to check the exact rate or if the DAC is being in use by the app?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

(08-13-2021, 06:44 PM)Matwar Wrote: Hi,
I have LG G7 ThinQ with custom Evolution X ROM (based on AOSP Android 11). The ROM supports built-in DAC. I know that since A10 LG doesn't support DSD/DoP.
When I play DSD files with Hi-Res driver, UAPP shows the file as Direct PCM 352,8kHz. When I use ADB command "dumpsys media.audio_flinger, it gives me log with DIRECT sample rate 8000Hz.

Is there a way to check the exact rate or if the DAC is being in use by the app?

I am gettting the same on my  Samsung S20FE 5g also shows 8000Hz at the DIRECT mode un the audio_flinger test. But audio quality seems pretty solid. Just want to understand this,