Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
multi-room audio with multiple instances of UAPP
Hi,

Would it be possible to start up multiple instances of UAPP each binding to a different USB or standard Android audio output?

If multiple instances would run, is this what the InstanceID in the UPnP rendering interface could be used for?

Thanks,

Kristof
You can start them up and let them have different UPnP renderer names. But then you would need a UPnP control client that can send to multiple instances, which I doubt exists.
(01-20-2022, 11:42 AM)dwrae Wrote: You can start them up and let them have different UPnP renderer names. But then you would need a UPnP control client that can send to multiple instances, which I doubt exists.
Hi, thank you for your reply. 

The setup I have in mind is as follows:

1) Android TV running multiple instances of UAPP UPnP renderers for different USB sound cards (or even audio via HDMI out) - each sound card is connected to amplifier and hardwired to speakers in different rooms (bedroom, dining room, ...)

2) Central Logitech Media Server (LMS) to host central audio library, subscriptions to music services, access to radio stations, podcasts, ... that connects to the UPnP renders using LMS to uPnP plugin.

3) Any LMS client to control the server. It could be Android, IOS, web, ... A web client would allow to select a UPnP renderer as follows:

Are there any specific intents I can use to startup UAPP with different UPnP renderer names?

Thanks,

Kristof
Thanks a lot for information, I was searching similar for my issue. Hope my dissertation will be completed by professional essay writers. I need help asap because I can't handle it alone without professional help.