Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Plug-in delay compensation
Star 
Hello!  Shy
Yesterday I bought your wonderful app (iOS), but there is one thing that spoils the impression: this is the lack of plug-in delay compensation. It is very tedious to freeze all tracks and check how much they are shifted on the timeline due to some plugin/plugins.

Are you planning to add the PDC?
Thanks
Plug-in delay compensation has already been in there for years. Please let us know which plug-in(s) cause the issue.
(10-24-2022, 03:43 PM)dwrae Wrote: Plug-in delay compensation has already been in there for years. Please let us know which plug-in(s) cause the issue.

As an example, I can give AUv3 plugins from ToneBoosters.

Please see the image in the attachment:     

I was freezing the same track with different plug-ins enabled:
  • Pink Track – Without plugins
  • Red Track – Equalizer 4
  • Orange Track – Enhancer
  • Yellow Track – VoicePitcher 4 (the "Mix" parameter is set to 10%)
  • Green Track – Equalizer 4 + Enhancer + MBC
To see this, you need to zoom in a lot.

I used Cubasis 3 before, it's about the same situation there, but Cubasis doesn't officially have the PDC.

(10-24-2022, 03:43 PM)dwrae Wrote: Plug-in delay compensation has already been in there for years. Please let us know which plug-in(s) cause the issue.

I have the same problem. I took you a screenshot for the example with a snare:

- track 1: the dry track = transient at 00:00:002

- track 2: mixdown with a linear phase EQ (fabfilter PRO Q3) set to maximum = the transient shifts to 00:00:064 => a difference of 62 milliseconds compared to the DRY signal.

- track 3: mixdown with a compressor (fabfilter PRO C2) which has a lookahead set to the maximum = the transient shifts to 00:00:019 => a difference of 17 milliseconds compared to the DRY signal.

- track 4: mixdown with a limiter (fabfilter PRO L2) which has a lookahead set to the maximum = the transient shifts to 00:00:019 => a difference of 17 milliseconds compared to the DRY signal.

Do you think you can fix this problem please?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

\***-_-***/ Hola PaNda \***-_-***/