Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Mackie or HUI Controller Support?
Hi,

While mapping a midi controller CC changes to the midi controller options in settings works, it lacks a certain level of finesse provided by a standard control protocol such as Mackie Control or (less so) HUI.

For example, I work solo.  Being able to use a small fader interface for levels, metering, track selection, track arming, mute/solo/level control, transport and zoom (horizontal and vertical).  With AEM this is more effective with a mouse or trackpad, but could be better with controller support.

Cubasis3 does this pretty well but does not support the meters (on my Behringer XTouch1).  Auria support is a bit less, but meter support is included.  Both allow me to track myself with less stretching, reaching and twisting to touch the iPad, positioned for clear line of sight more than as an ergonomic workstation.

I’d be curious if the community would find this helpful, or am I just an old school fader junkie who needs to evolve…. ;-)

Thanks!
Sad 
I support this post. I myself have a surface of motorized faders that works in HUI / MACKI CONTROL / LOGIC CONTROL (BCF 2000 from BEHRINGER). Unfortunately, AEMS does not support any of these technologies, which renders my controller unusable. However, the application detects it.  Sad

This is very problematic, because the AEMS faders are very small and they don't display the volume level... for them to display, we have to enter the FX GRID or move the fader (which is annoying, because it forces us to constantly disrupt the flattening of the mix). The MACKI CONTROL or an evolution of the fader display would solve this problem.

PS: I'm on Ipad Pro 12.9

\***-_-***/ Hola PaNda \***-_-***/
The BCF2000 is fully supported including MIDI feedback to the device. The volume meters always show the volume level next or below the volume faders.
(12-18-2022, 10:34 PM)dwrae Wrote: The BCF2000 is fully supported including MIDI feedback to the device. The volume meters always show the volume level next or below the volume faders.

Thank you for the answer. In the photo you can see that I don't see an exact volume value. On the fixed scale, I actually see that we are around -12db, but being logarythmic, I don't know if it's more -11db, -10db or -9db... So I have to move the fader so that the information is displayed at the bottom in the small rectangle, or else I have to enter the FX GRIG, in the volume insert to have the precise value.

(12-18-2022, 10:34 PM)dwrae Wrote: The BCF2000 is fully supported including MIDI feedback to the device. The volume meters always show the volume level next or below the volume faders.

Concerning the support of the BCF 2000, I turned on the controller, I clicked on more => MIDI remote setup => BCF 2000 but the controller faders remain at -l infinite whereas on AEMS they are at 0db. Is there any other manipulation to do? (I'm on Ipad Pro)

(12-19-2022, 01:42 AM)holapanda Wrote:

Concerning the support of the BCF 2000, I turned on the controller, I clicked on more => MIDI remote setup => BCF 2000 but the controller faders remain at -l infinite whereas on AEMS they are at 0db. Is there any other manipulation to do? (I'm on Ipad Pro)

Please select Edit, then select Global from the menu and set the output device accordingly. We have a BCF2000 here and tested it, so I'm sure it can work.